15 - a tanui clan

THAT HAD DEFINITELY NOT GONE as planned, Lo'ak and Ivy marched silently side by side, to the clan leaders feeling a sick sense of betrayal.

She expected it from Laurite, Oeyani and Aonung, but none of them seemed to find it funny, they were serious and no snarky looks were being shared.

Tonowari led them, the two teens in trouble trailed in the back, the silence was tense and Ivy tried to focus on the colourful sunlight against glistening sea rather than her rage.

A dissatisfied Ronal waited back and pushed Ivy and Lo'ak forward, she shrugged her shoulder aggressively and Ronals hand fell from it, oh she was angry.

Ivy stepped up keeping close to Lo'ak and Ronal started to scold the teens "you allowed this!" She seethed walking between them and forward to face them, she moved to her daughter pointing at the two "you allowed them to bond with the oucast!"

Tsireyas large eyes were watering, Ivy felt a pang of guilt "Tsireya" her father barked, the young girl jumped at the strength in her fathers voice "you dissapoint me daughter"

The guilt waved over Ivy, she saw Tsireyas ears fall and her posture slump even more than before, Tsireya was such a sensitive and fragile girl, she didn't deserve this, she was so pure.

When Tonowari finished his sentence Ivy almost lost it and started to open her mouth and tried to step forward, only to be stopped by Loaks firm hand which stopped her.

She tried to boil down the rage building up in her, she hated she couldn't control it, she hated that she'd always get so furious, she didn't understand how the others were so calm.

Sometimes she felt like soemthing was wrong with her.

"And you" Tonowari gestured to Lo'ak and Ivys ears perked up "son of a great warrior!" The man motioned behind them were Ivy had heard Jake and Neytiri jog up "who had been taught better"

Ivys ears flattened down, she had had enough of this, she opened her mouth, ready to pour her rage out of it but Lo'ak beat her to eat, speaking more assertively than she would of "Payakan saved our lives sir, you don't know him"

Ivys lips sealed together once more, she felt sort of proud.

"Lo'ak" Tsireya spoke softly in a warning tone.

"Sit" Tonowari ordered in a lethal tone "sit" slowly in sync with the man Lo'ak obeyed and Ivys eyes trailed down, glaring at the Olo'ekytan.

"SIT DOWN!" He bellowed, poor Tsireya shot down, barely containing her sobs, Ivy didn't flinch, Tonowari didn't scare her in the slightest, Ronal maybe, but now him.

Aonung, Neteyam, Laurite and Oeyani sat, and Ivy reluctantly did so, but painfully slower, not breaking eye contact with the man who's as waiting for her to fully descend so he could finish his scolding.

She ended in a crouch and he huffed looking back and forth "hear my words you two..." he began "in the days of the first songs, Tulkun fought amongst themselves, for territory, and for revenge, but they came to believe...that killing, no matter how justified only brings more killing, so killing, was forbidden" Ivy pursed her lips she didn't want to hear this shit, she just wanted to show them, to show them that Payakan didn't deserve this "this is the Tulkun way...Payakan is a killer"

Ivy rolled her eyes as he continued but his voice had softened now "so, he is outcast"

"I'm sorry sir...but you're wrong" Lo'ak spoke up boldly.

"Well I'm not sorry" Ivy deadpanned smiled humorously tilting her head to the side showing no fear "and you're wrong"

"You speak to Olo'ekytan!" Neytiri whisper-shouted to both of them behind her, Lo'ak turned back slightly and tried to speak.