20 - tension

THE NEXT DAY WAS CLOUDY and cold, people were still injured, healing and resting.

Ivy on the other hand had been pacing the island, she'd spiraled in her mind, it was a mess of jumbled up thoughts and memories, she'd just desperately been trying to organise and sort through them.

She knew he had been looking for her, last night as soon as the returned to the islands she'd slipped out and ran away, Lo'ak had tried to go and check on her, but Neytiri was refusing to let any of her children out of her sight after what just happened, it was impossible to sneak away.

So there was nothing the Sully kids could do, they stayed in the comfort of their family, sheltered from
the rain in their warm marui pod, wondering where Ivy was, alone? Cold?

Well yes Ivy was both, but she was also tending to her bloody knuckles, she'd made the mistake of trying to let her anger out on a rock, spoiler alert! It didn't go well, her skin was ripped and split, she was lucky Na'vi had incredibly strong bones or hers would be shattered from the sheer force of the punch.

"Ow ow ow fuck" she winced cheering a leaf and spitting it onto her knuckles, a trick her father had taught her, it wasn't the first time she'd hit something she'd underestimated the toughness of and got injured.

At least it was on her sliced hand and not her uninjured one, if it was her hands would be useless.

She stood up from her crouch and flipped off the rock that had caused this, even though it was entirely her fault and she stormed off back through the jungle.

She had a million things to worry about, there was Harriet, she was still out there, Ivy cursed herself, she should of just toughened up and killed her, she was being pathetic.

If only she'd just done it, she could of gotten it over with.

But she knew no matter what, she would never forgot her, for the rest of her life, she'd never hated a single person so much, she thought she hated Lo'ak, heck she thought she hated the sky people, but nothing compared to the pure unbridled rage that filled Ivy up, the rage gifted to her by Harriet.

Harriet would always haunt her mind, she was always going to be there, she was going to be stuck in Ivys head like the roots of her hair.

But Ivy was going to be stuck in her head as well, because for some reason, a reason Ivy had no clue about, Harriet hated her.

Enemies.

But atleast now Quaritch was gone, for now at least, they had maybe five years, The RDA created Quaritch again, even after he died, there was no saying that they couldn't just do it again.

But the fact she was at least safe from him for now offered her a little comfort.

Then there was Lo'ak, Lo'ak fucking Sully, he was stuck in her head as well, she wanted to rip her hair out because of how nervous he made her, she'd never felt like this before.

Lo'ak Sully? Out of all people?

Seeing people in love always made her feel sick, she thought she was destined to be alone, she had no contact with anybody but her parents till she was 14, then she'd lost them, she had come to terms with that, but now everything had flipped.

She wanted him to be her with her right now so badly, the only thing holding her back from going back to the village was her fear, she didn't want to make him feel like he had to leave his family to be with her.

But he kissed her, or did she kiss him? Was there a difference, did he actually want to kiss her? Or did her feel bad?

Surely he wasn't even worrying about her right now, why would he be? She didn't want to take him a way from her family or pressure him.