Jisoo Realizes Something Arc [7]

"Aaaaalright" Yerin says draggingly "These are all the documents you asked for. The names of the cafeteria staff in those years are on the log book like you asked. I'm only doing this in return for helping us with the school festival paint fiasco last time."

Jisoo looks up to the taller girl, and then eyeing the books sprawled across the table with the label 'Cafeteria Accounts' followed by various years. She sits down, already dreading the amount of work, numbers, and pages she'll have to go through to verify these expenditures. "I know it's hard enough to get your hands on these from the school treasury. I'll make sure not a single page is ripped or lost. Thanks Yerin. You can go"

The younger watches as Jisoo sat herself down, sighing to herself as she reorganizes the books into year. Yerin decided to sit down across her, both hands propping her head up on the table as she observes the older do her work.

"You never change" Yerin says, making the older briefly look up to her before returning back to the books "You still help Jennie with these type of things behind her back"

Jisoo only hums in response, trying to suppress a smile as she recalls how she gets to spend another weekend with Jennie since their parents decided to go on yet another vacation and Jennie's house helpers officially don't work during the weekends anymore (She realizes that was a weird change, and she realizes her and Jennie's parents have been acting weird, but she ignores it)

Yerin decided to stay and help her, and the older couldn't deny the help knowing Yerin is better experienced in reading expenditure books than her. As they worked, the older's phone chimes, peaking at the notification and smiling as she saw who texted her.

She pauses her work for a second to reply, and as she puts her phone back down, she catches Yerin eyeing her suspiciously.

"Who the fuck was that?" Yerin asks pointedly

"What? Can't I text someone?" Jisoo asks rhetorically.

"No Jisoo unnie, you don't text AND smile" Yerin says in the most dramatically exaggerated voice Jisoo has every heard (Yerin was not exaggerating). The younger leans over the table, whisper-asking the girl "I thought you liked Jennie, you motherfucker?!"

Jisoo swiftly looks at the younger with a frown, ignoring the younger's question "Can't I just smile at a funny text?" 

Yerin simply squinted her eyes, sitting back down properly to go back on scanning the books. "I guess it was true you were getting serious with someone" The comment made Jisoo chuckle, but decided not to reply on it.

Yerin eventually gets a call reminding her they had a council meeting in about 10 minutes. She waves the older goodbye, sending each other a very platonic flying kiss like they always do.

Jisoo eventually packed her things and all the books, deciding to go home and continue her work there. She'd already met up with Jennie in the morning that day, not so subtly inviting the younger to her room, but Jisoo's mom chose to ignore that with a very elderly smile. Point is, she didn't think she'll be meeting Jennie anymore for today, and she admits it made her feel a tiny wee bit disappointed.

As she got to her house, Jisoo was greeted by a box, something she was expecting as she had it ordered some weeks ago. It took some time to arrive, but the important thing is that it did. She sets it aside as she opens her bag and the books, working herself tirelessly with everything to occupy her time enough until the next opportunity that she gets to spend it with a certain raven again.

The weekend finally came again, Jisoo waving goodbye to her aunt as they watch their parents drive off to the airport once again. (She realizes they were out too frequently these days.)