Jisoo Realizes Something Arc [8]

Jisoo just got to class in the nick of time, scrambling in her seat to pull out her assignment that was the cause of her oversleeping and a pen to prepare for what she predicts is a surprise quiz as a notable pattern for this one specific professor.

She sets her precious lunch bag aside that her mom had bought for her on their overseas trip, letting it hang on the table's side hook and allowing her main bag to drop on the dusty floor.

She looks to her right from the very obvious daggering stares coming from her seatmate, Wendy.

"It's from my mom" Jisoo says before Wendy could have anything to say- not like her knowing look hasn't already said a thousand words.

"Didn't ask" Wendy replied, "Did she make your lunch?" the smirk that came after her question only made Jisoo's eyes roll. (This bitch already knows the answer) "I'm sure Mrs. Kim was happy to make you lunch even though you've always thought they're bothersome~" Wendy adds in the most sing-songy voice she's ever heard

"My mom wasn't the one who cooked this and you know it"

"I know it wasn't your mom doofus" Wendy says as a matter of factly. Before Jisoo could retort and ask why then she said Mrs. Kim their professor had walked in the room, test papers at hand

"Fuck! I knew he was gonna give us a surprise quiz" Jisoo says staring at the stack of papers he had placed on his desk before he turned around to write on the board

"Still not as surprising as you deciding eating home made lunch is great now"

"Wendy I swear to God if you don't drop this lunch thing-!" Before Jisoo could finish her sentence, the booming voice of their professor resounds through the room.

"Alright everyone settle down! We have a quiz today and I hope you all studied well because this is a 100 item quiz"

If there's one thing about Jisoo, she never actually liked studying. She doesn't like numbers, hell she doesn't like letters even. If there's a time she's ever liked numbers and letters, its when she inserts her card in, pressing a few buttons before a [Savings Balance: 4, 347, 548.09 KRW] is blaring on the ATM screen.

She just made herself good at studying. She didn't have a choice. It was a necessary life endeavor. Okay, maybe she did a bit too good than necessary, but what can she do? She can't help but think about how she'll have to step up her game every time a certain someone involves herself into more and more complicated stuff like being a council president or fixing the cafeteria lunch problem and whatever shit she's getting herself into next.

Yes, not much of hiding who someone is at this point, but Jennie Kim had always been gearing herself at the top, and Jisoo admired her for that. Since they were children, Jennie topped her grade, was naturally smart, a bit mature with how she perceives life in general, but above all else she was kind. Too damn fucking kind, and Jisoo would always find herself getting involved in Jennie's problems that she brought upon herself because she simply wanted to help other people.

And Jisoo's one of them too. She can't forget that time Jennie broke off her favorite set of crayons she dearly took care of if it meant sharing it with her friend who had stupidly melted hers and mixing all the colors together in hopes of getting a rainbow (It ended up becoming a goop of brown with green patches, so you can only imagine how much it resembles shit)

Looking back, maybe Jennie wasn't so smart. Breaking off the crayons were totally unnecessary.

Jisoo chuckles to herself while taking the exam, but the student in front of her took it the wrong way cuz while everyone in the room was struggling with the exam, Jisoo could still chuckle. She definitely found this exam way too easy, right?