From Here

Trigger warning: self harm aftermath discussed

When I woke up, it was dark. Hunter still held me but was scrolling through his phone. He turned it off as I tried to sit up.

"You're awake." He said, helping me sit and I groggily lean against my head board.

"What time is it? How long did I sleep?"

"It's nine so like five hours."

"Woah. You should have woken me up."

He shook his head. "You needed it."

"What have you been doing?"

"I slept with you for a bit. Then are just read on my phone. Did a lot of thinking. I realized I made a big mistake."

My heart dropped, "Oh yeah? What's that?"

"I did things out of order, jumping right into the DDLG relationship. No wonder you thought I was just playing with you. We should be boyfriend and girlfriend first, then Daddy and baby girl. I want to fix that." He took a breath, having spoken without pausing until now. "So, Kate, will you be my girlfriend?"

My heart fluttered. I remembered imagining scenario after scenario of Hunter choosing me over Ashley, not just as a temporary distraction, from the time I was thirteen. Surely I must just be in an extended scenario that has turned into a dream as I drifted off to sleep. I must still be fourteen, my alarm about to wake me up and force me to go to school where Hunter was still with Ashley.

But I could feel his hand grasping mine.

"Are you sure? Look at the past 24 hours. I'm so messed up and clearly have lots of issues. All I have done is cry and break down every other hour."

"I don't care. I mean I do care but in a love you through it not leave you because of it kind of way."

"You. You said love." I pointed out.

"So I did." He mused, "that wasn't how our first I love you was supposed to go."

"You love me?"

He smiled one of heart breaking smiles, "Kate, you silly little girl. Haven't I been telling you? I love you completely and entirely. You are everything to me."

My lip trembled but I forced myself not to cry, determined to show him I could make it through one conversation without tears.

"I love you too Hunter. When I'm with you I -" I tried to think of the most meaningful thing I could say to get him to understand, settling quickly on the right words. "You make me feel safe."

And then we kissed. Sweet and tender. Not a kiss of lust, but a kiss of love.

Hunter pulled away and grinned down at me, "So is that a yes?" He asked "to being my girlfriend?"

I laughed, "Yes! One thousand percent yes!"

"So does that mean you want your surprise?"

"You got me a surprise??"

"It's in my car. I'll go get it." He stood up, then turned an pointed a finger at me, "Stay." He ordered.

"Yes sir." I saluted.

"I mean it. Don't you dare run away from me again. You better not move one single inch."

"I won't. I promise."

Hunter left and returned to my doorway a few moments later, breathing heavy.

"I played a board walk game to win this for you while you were in the bathroom." He told me before lugging a gianormous stuffed toy into my room. It was a huge round blob of rainbow tie dye in pale pinks, turquoises, and purples. It was sporting a silver horn at the top and two fins, tiny compared to the rest of the body.

"It's a narwhal!" I squealed, leaping out of bed to grab the huge plush from him. "I love narwhals!"

"I know." Hunter smiled cockily, "I remember you did a report on them during our marine section of AP Bio."

"It's huge! How did you win it?" I asked, lugging it to my bed and snuggling into it.

"I've got a pretty good arm from setting for volleyball." He bragged, flexing. But then he looked at my position, engrossed in the giant toy and said, "But now I'm starting to regret it. You already replaced me."

"It's so soft and squishy." I teased, "Much easier to snuggle than you. You're all rock hard muscles."

"You didn't seem to mind these rock hard muscles last night." He teasingly growled, stalking onto my bed and reclaiming me from the giant narwhal. "Or a few hours ago."

"I don't mind them." I whispered, tracing his muscular arm with my finger tip. Hunter's lips dragged down my jaw -

Then my stomach growled.

"Well," I said, glancing down at it, 'that ruined the moment."

"Have you even eaten today?" Hunter asked. "Nevermind, doesn't matter. What do you want?"

I shrugged, "I'm good with whatever."

Hunter sighed and shook his head, "I know that's what you have been trained to answer but I actually want your opinion. What do you want to eat? I'll get you whatever you want."

I thought for a bit before suggesting "In-n-out?"

"And I thought I couldn't love you any more." He teased, opening UberEats on his phone, "Animal style?"

"Always!" I confirmed as he placed our orders.

He set his phone face down on my end table.

"So," he started, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "how are you feeling about continuing with DDLG?"

"Oh. Do you not want to do it anymore?" My heart sank a bit.

"Me? I totally want to do it. But you are my priority."

"I still want to do it." I whispered, completely embarrassed by my confession.

Hunter squeezed me, "Good, because I really like being your Daddy. Is there anything you want to change or stop? Like, um....diapers? You don't seem to like that part very much."

I hid my face, as it burned hotter than ever before, in his chest, "I do like it." I whispered.

He pulled my face up to look at him, "Really? You don't have to pretend for me."

I swallowed hard, "I'm not pretending. I still don't want to use them and I really don't want anyone else ever finding out. Ever." I emphasized, "But....I don't mind wearing them and I like everything you have been doing. The checking and the teasing and the babying and oh my gosh this is so embarrassing!" I groaned, hiding my face in his chest again.

He kissed the top of my head, "You don't need to be embarrassed. I'm really glad you told me. So, we continue what we have been doing?"

"Right now?" I asked, my voice muffled by his shirt.

"Everything except for diapers." He said, "I don't want to irritate your cuts or take the gauze off too soon. I'll check them tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay." I agreed.

"Okay who?"

I smiled into his shirt "Okay Daddy."

He hummed in pleasure, "You don't know what you do to me every time you call me that."

"What?" I asked, finally raising my head, "You mean, Daddy??" I dragged the word out, as sensual as I could.

"Oh hell!" He flipped me over so I was on my back and he was hovering over me and began smothering me with a deep kiss. "You're mine. Do you understand, baby girl? You belong to me."

"I'm yours. I'm yours." I breathlessly agreed between deep kisses, "I'm all yours, Daddy."