Crushes

Trigger warning: self harm aftermath described and discussed

I woke up to Hunter humorously grinning down at me.

"Wha?" I asked around an obstacle in my mouth. I reddened and quickly removed my thumb from my mouth, "This is your fault." I accused him, "I stopped sucking my thumb a long time ago."

"You think you did." He teased, kissing my nose. He got out of bed, pulling his jeans back on over his boxers. "I'm going to get some stuff to check on your cuts."

He left the room, coming back a few minutes later with a towel, the box of gauze, antibiotic cream, and a wet cloth. He pulled the blanket back and laid the first aid items in the towel beside me. He careful removed my athletic shorts then the bloodied gauze.

"You don't have to do this." I insisted, "They will be scabbed over and fine in a couple days."

"They are getting there." He relented, spreading antibiotic cream over each one, "but I think they need to stay under clean gauze for another day so they don't get infected. A few of them are still open and bleeding." He layered gauze over these, "Let's just focus on getting these healed today."

"That's not necessary. It's not like I take a day off everytime I do this. I walk to school, I go to class.  I'm really fine. I used to do this every day."

Hunter's hands froze on my leg, "Every day?"

I stayed silent. That probably wasn't something he needed to know.

"When were you doing this everyday Kate?"

I swallowed hard and stared at the ceiling, "I don't really want to tell you."

"Please." He begged, "Please tell me."

I sighed, "I don't really know. It was for a long time.  The last time it happened, I decided I wanted to try to stop."

"You mean the last time before this time?" Hunter asked and I nodded, "So most of high school?" I nodded again. "Why did you feel like you had to do it every day?"

I sighed, "It just, it got to the point that I felt like...well, like I couldn't breath without it. I would come home from school and just, just not be able to breath. Like my lungs were collapsing in on themselves. And I knew doing this would let me breath again." I swallowed and tried to change my tone to a more light hearted one, "But that's why I'm telling you you don't need to do all this. It's not necessary. I'm totally fine."

"Honey, I know your used to taking care of yourself but I'm here. Let me do this for you. Let me take care of you."

A tingling warmth spread through me at my core at his words.

"If you say so, Daddy."

"Daddy does say so baby girl." He grinned, pulling my shorts back up over the gauze. "Are you going to be a good girl for me today? Do exactly as I say?"

I blushed, "Yes Daddy."

Hunter picked me up and started carrying me out of my room.

"First thing first," he declared, "you need to eat. How do you like your eggs?" He placed me on the couch.

I tried to stand up, "I can make breakfast."

He gently pushed me back down, "You said you were going to listen to Daddy."

My face warmed and ears burned, "I feel silly having you make food for me."

"Well don't. I want to. Do you like omelets?"

"You know how to make omelets?"

"I know how to make lots of things." He informed me, "I can even do my own laundry and use a vacuumm. My mom didn't raise a man child."