Red

We made plans to watch the boys final volleyball game of the season then go out for dinner that night. I invited Cambry to come get ready with me, afraid she would otherwise talk herself out of coming. We exchanged numbers and Hunter gave me the keys to his car since he wouldn't need it until after the game.

"Thanks for including me with you guys today." Cambry said, her eyes fixed on her feet as we settled into Hunter's car.

"Of course! Sorry we stole you from your friends. Did they mind?"

Cambry shrugged, "I haven't really found a group yet. I did homeschool before so everyone already knew each other."

"Why didn't you come hang out with Hunter before now?"

She shrugged again, "He told me I could but I don't know. Ashley wasn't super nice the times she came to family things. She called me 'annoying tag along' one time when I asked if I could go with them to get ice cream. And he's my favorite uncle. So it kinda sucked when she pulled him away from hanging out with us."

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know she did that."

"Yeah, so, I didn't want to annoy her."

"Well believe me, none of us think you are annoying.' I parked the car and we got out, "Especially Carlos."

She couldn't surpress her smile, "Really?"

"Uh- yeah!" I announced, bouncing up my front steps to unlock the door. "He totally likes you."

I opened the door for her to come in and we made out way to kitchen. I saw post it note on an envelope.

Went to visit Carter. Money for food. Don't make a mess.

Huh. Well. At least I didn't have to worry about an argument that would prevent me from going to Disneyland. I stuck the envelope and post it note in a junk drawer.

"So we are supposed to wear super school spirit tonight?" Cambry confirmed.

"Yeah! School colors and face paint. Big signs supporting your favorite player." I tell her and show her a few photos of what the girls and I had worn to the games in the past.

"So your going to paint Hunter's number on your cheek?" She pointed to Ashley, who had Hunter's number on her cheek from the last game.

I grinned, "Yeah, I guess I am this time. You should do Carlos's number!"

"No way!" She protested with shake of her head, "I don't even know if he likes me."

"Well first, he totally does. Second, that doesn't matter. We will just be showing team spirit." I tried convincing her.

"I don't know..."

"How about this? I'll text the other girls and make sure we all have a different number and we can just tell the boys we chose them at random it they ask. Would you do it then?"

"I guess so..."

I made a new girls group message, adding Cambry, and presenting the idea. Ashley agreed immediately, claiming Robbie's number. Ary took Javi's. Jasmine said she would do Dylan. Lupe asked for Jackson. He was also part of our group, just didn't have the same schedule or lunch period at school.

"See, it's perfect!" I said and Cambry was already on Pinterest finding cute ways to paint her face.

We drove back to the school a few hours later dressed in the agreed upon uniform. We wore white knee high socks with black tennis shoes, red athletic booty shorts, white school volleyball shirts, and our hair in two high pig tails tied with red bows. Each of our cheeks held the players number we had chosen with dot designs in red, black, and white. We paid our fee to get in and made our way inside to find seats on the bleachers. I was caught by wrist before I could start up the steps.

Hunter in his black and red volleyball uniform was a sexy sight to behold. A few of his fingers were wrapped with medical tape. Did he somehow seem taller? How tall was he anyway? This was probably something I should know. I felt like I was craning my neck to look up at him. He pulled me into a hug, lifting my feet off the ground.

"I ought to spank you for looking this damn hot where everyone can see you." He whispered in my ear, popping my butt as he brought my feet back to the gym floor.

"Hum, maybe you should." I mused with a nonchalant shrug and a suggestive twist of my hips.

His eyes widened, "You're serious?"

"How about we make a deal?" I tried to mimick his tone from before the best I could.

"What kind of deal?" He asked, grinning as he repeated my words.

"How about...." I pretend to ponder, "if you win this game, you can spank me for...how did you put it? Looking this damn hot where everyone can see me?" I smirked.

He nibbled my ear, "You better be ready, babygirl, because after this game, I am going to take you over my knee and turn your cute little ass as red as your shorts."

"Thomas!" The coach hollered, "Stop making out with your girlfriend and start warming up!"

"You better go." I gave him a nudge.

"Nah, I got a minute longer. I'm about to play the best damn game of my life. Plus, I didn't even have the make out I was accused of having." He captured my mouth in his, swirling his tongue around mine. One hand gripped my waist, the other held my face. I weaved my fingers in his hair, gripping tightly, standing on the very tips of my toes to reach him. We parted at another holler.

"THOMAS!"

"Good luck, Daddy." I whispered before pushing him away.

He jogged off, joining the rest of the team for warmup drills. I, in turn, jogged up the bleachers to join Cambry and the rest of the girls that had arrived during Hunter and my exchange.

"Nan and Pop are here with Aunt Jen!" Cambry told me, pointing a few rows above us. She waved, catching their attention. I waved as well, blushing as I wondered if they saw me and Hunter.

"Did they - " I started to ask.

"Oh yeah." Cambry answered

"Everyone did." Ary clarified.

"I think I'll just die now." I decided, as my face burned as red as my shorts.

__________________

Is Hunter going to win the game and finally spank Kate? What do you guys think should happen?

Do you want to see more of Cambry? Let me know!

Kisses 💋

Kate