Accusations

I swallowed hard and looked up at Hunter. She hadn't figured it out right? There was no way. We had been so careful. I would just die of Ashley, of all people, knew what was going on between us.

Hunter's face was set in a hard but neutral look.

"I'm not." Was all he said in response to Ashley.

She scoffed, "You have been acting like a controlling chauvinist all night!"

"No he hasn't!" I exclaimed, because though her first accusation wasn't too far off the mark, this one was anything but the truth.

"Someone is jelly." Ary taunted in a sing-song voice.

"I am not." Ashley snapped. "I am concerned. Hunter has been super controlling and bossy and not even letting Kate make simple discussions. How has no one else seen this?"

Everyone avoided looking at her except for Hunter and me. I was glaring and Hunter was stone faced. Everyone avoided looking at us too. Ashley turned to Robbie.

"I know you noticed. We just talked about it on the way back." She said, glaring at him.

"I mean, I listened to what you noticed." Robbie hedged.

"Ashley, I would prefer you didn't gossip about my and Kate's relationship." Hunter said in the same neutral tone.

Ashley groaned and pointed at me, "I'm doing this for you. I'm worried about you. I don't think the way he is treating you is right."

"There is nothing wrong with how Hunter has been treating me." I shot back, angrier now.

"At the store, you had to ask his permission to get that bag. I heard you. Don't you think that's controlling."

I scoffed, "He was the one buying it for me, of course I asked him."

"Well what about at the restaurant. He ordered for you."

"And?" This time it was Hunter who spoke.

"Kate can speak for herself." Ashley retorted.

"Ashley," Javier interrupted, "I will order for Ary sometimes. I think you are reading into things."

"There is more! He literally ordered her to put on a jacket before we left."

"We were joking around." I explain.

"Telling you when to drink water! He wouldn't let you hold the pretzel. Waiting outside the bathroom for you. Never once letting go of your hand. Just now, telling you to go to bed. How can you not see this? How do none of you see this?" She was gesturing widely with her hands.

"Ashley!" I say sharply, claiming her attention, "Just because you don't like those behaviors in a relationship doesn't mean they are wrong. Did you stop to think that maybe I like it?"

She gapped at me then looked around, seeing if anyone else was going to side with her. Everyone was still avoiding looking at her.

"Fine." She said, folding her arms and walking into the other room.

Jasmine looked at me and said, "She is trying to be a friend."

Then she followed after Ashley. With some mumbled goodnights, and a quick kiss between Carlos and Cambry, the rest of the boys went into the other suite, closing the door.

After the door was shut, Ary sighed loudly and declared, "Good thing she doesn't know you call him—"

"Ary!" I gasped, cutting her off.

She laughs, "Just kidding. Now, I'm turning off the lights and going to bed because I don't want to miss the character breakfast."

She turned off the lights and the room was filled with the sounds of swishing sheets and people got under the covers and bodies rolling around to find their most comfortable spots.