When the Truth Comes Out to Light

Chapter 16: When the Truth Comes to Light

As morning dawned at Kami's Lookout everything was still and peaceful. Pan awoke late in the morning cocooned in Trunks's arms content and warm. They stayed cuddled together for as long as they could before Pan's growling stomach forced them from the bed. Making their way towards the smell of food the two stayed shoulder to shoulder Pan's hand interlaced with Trunks's. The couple's tails were also intertwined as they walked towards the table and the awaiting piles of food.

"Good morning!" Goten called out spitting a few flecks of pancakes from him overstuffed mouth.

"Goten did you save us any or are they all in your mouth?" Trunks teased his best friend.

"Of course there's plenty of food, now get over there and get to eating," Chi-Chi commanded as she walked back to the table carrying another steaming pile of food.

"That looks delicious Grandma," Pan announced as she dropped into a seat and began to pile her plate high.

Pan began to munch on her food her mind blissfully blank. She didn't even notice that there were several empty seats around the table. Vegeta was sitting against a corner meditating, but other than that she didn't see anyone else.

"Where is everyone?" Pan asked pausing between gulps of food.

"Don't worry about it. Everyone will be back soon," Bulma commented coming from the kitchen.

The older woman looked like she was deep in thought as she moved towards the much younger couple settled at the table. She stopped at the spot directly across from Pan before settling into that spot to eat. She picked up a piece of toast and began to nibble on a corner. Once Pan had had her fill of food she leaned back and relaxed. Bulma who was waiting for this opportunity decided it was time to ask for a favor from Pan.

"I need you to do something for me today. I need you to try to gather as much information as you can from the young woman you brought with you yesterday. Goku and Vegeta have expressed that they feel something major is about to happen, and that it all centers around the information that girl is keeping from us. I think you have the best opportunity of getting her to trust you," Bulma explained softly.

Pan nodded in response knowing that she was curious about the new visitor as well. Pan honestly hadn't thought about the new guests since she had woken up in Trunks's embrace.

"Where's Bra?" Pan asked standing up concerned about her friend as the events of the previous day replayed in her mind.

"Relax that girl, Brickan dragged Bra out of bed over two hours ago," Bulma replied with a grin.

Everyone knew Bra loved to sleep and Bulma had been rather surprised when Bra had come trudging out of the place she was sleeping shortly before dawn. When Bra had explained what had woke her Bulma had laughed in response. Bra had awakened that morning to the sound of pounding fists. When she had opened her eyes she found that Brickan was standing at the foot of the bed punching a pillow causing it to remain in the air as she continued to rapidly attack it. Once Bra had focused enough to realize the girl was just exercising she asked if Brickan wanted food and shortly after the two had made their way to the kitchen.

"I better go check on her," Pan said startling Bulma out of her thoughts. Pan began to stand only to be pulled back down by Trunks who planted a firm kiss on her lips, slightly irritated that she had seemed to forget about him. Pan's face turned pink as Trunks made one of their first public displays of affection a very intimate one. Pan believed that certain things should be kept private even though she knew almost everyone was aware of their new relationship.