Everyone Has Their Reasons

Chapter 17: Everyone Has Their Reasons

Brickan remained silent for several minutes before taking a deep breath, "I honestly do not think that my mother wanted to devote the rest of her life to destroying a man who hurt her, but she became obsessed with vengeance."

Pan nodded encouraging the woman to continue. Brickan paused studying the other woman carefully. Brickan felt like she could trust this young woman who didn't look much older than a child.

"My mother was one of the strongest women on our planet and the king would send her on special missions that needed a more inconspicuous person to carry it out. Once Frieza came to visit and discovered her talents he asked that she start working for him and she agreed seeing no reason not to especially after she had met a man that she was attracted to. This man refused her minor advances and informed her that he had already met his true mate. My mother had grown up in a home where her parents did not truly love each other, and this was the first person she had been attracted to so she figured that he would change his mind. She was wrong. She felt hurt and instead of accepting it and moving on my mother let that hurt fester and became obsessed with getting revenge. Frieza presented an opportunity to her and she accepted," Brickan continued.

"If she worked for Frieza then how did she come to your father's planet and what caused her to leave Frieza?" Pan asked.

"Frieza noticed that my mother was gaining support from within his group. One group she gained the support of were known as the Repalions. The Repalions had lion like hair and increased feline senses, but otherwise shared a common appearance. My mother's name was Nillandra, but the Repalions nicknamed her Nido which in their language roughly means 'Little Warrior'. Frieza did not like this particular group's support of my mother and conspired to put her to death. Some of the Repalions warned my mother and helped her to escape from Frieza's grasp taking her back to their home planet. While she was on that planet she spent her time trying to battle her very real enemy Frieza while trying to still get revenge on the man who scorned her. Three years after she first arrived on the planet she was brought in front of one of the Repalions head members who had just returned from a space journey he had set out on years before. His name was Trokan and when the two met sparks immediately began to fly," Brickan stopped tears forming in her eyes while she retold a story, Pan felt she hadn't shared in a while.

"I assume this man Trokan is your father?" Pan asked reading into the information she was being told.

"My father and mother mated only mere weeks after meeting. The passion they had for each other was all consuming and was unbreakable. They were mates in every sense of the word. Once my mother and father mated the cause of her anger and need for revenge became a moot point and she decided to try to get out of the spotlight as much as possible. Two years later she was just a legendary figure and I was her biggest concern. My father named me Brickan which means 'Burst of Light' in his language. My mother never healed quite right after my birth and before my first birthday she was gone. My heartbroken father was left by himself to raise me," Brickan explained twisting a metal cuff that was wrapped around her wrist that Pan hadn't noticed before.

"I'm sorry about your mother," Pan commented and imagined that Brickan looked a lot like her mother and that the two would share a kindred spirit.

"My father's people always described my parents as a pair. My mother was strength and my father was kindness. He became ruler of his people and ruled them with an iron fist, but he was loved. As I grew older I began to discover that not everything in the world was rose-colored. The Repalions believed in the purity of their species and even though they respected and cared for my father no one wanted to allow their children to interact with me. I began to act out and was relentless in my pursuit of gaining the respect of my father's people but that only caused them to fear me. They began referring to me by my mother's nickname by the time I was fourteen. My father would tell me stories of a Saiyan Colony he visited and asked me constantly if it was somewhere I would like to go. I told him that in a perfect world that I would enjoy going there, but I told him that to remain with him was my only wish. Two months later my father was assassinated by a radical purist who thought my father was tainted. I had just returned home when I found him bleeding, but I was unable to save him. My anger was so strong that I sought out the ones who killed my father and made them pay through torture and eventually their lives," Brickan told the story he eyes darkening as she remembered dark events.