Sparring

Chapter 2: Sparring

Pan stared at Trunks waiting for him to get ready to spar as well, but instead she began to feel intense kai waves emitting off of him. She didn't have long to ponder about what was happening before her lunged forward and pelted her with his hands and feet. Pan's hands quickly rose to block the multiple blows, but she was unable to return an offense attack. Pan was surprised at just how much his kai had risen in the last three years, and she knew this was only a taste of what his power now was.

"Duck," Trunks stated softly as he pulled away from her and sent a kai blast straight at her.

"What the hell was that for?" Pan shouted angrily. She was angrier with herself for not paying attention then at Trunks for shooting the surprise attack, but she didn't want him to know that.

"You know exactly what that was for," Trunks replied and launched herself towards Trunks intending to assault him before he could put her on the defensive again.

Their spar continued for several minutes before Trunks made another snarky comment that caused the hair on her tail that was wrapped around her upper thigh to bristle. She could remember like it was yesterday the day her grandfather had wished for her to get her tail back.

~*~ Flashback ~*~

"Come out her Pan!" Grandpa Goku said with a huge grin on his face.

"What is it Grandpa?" Pan asked removing the ridiculous party hat Bulma had forced her to wear for her sixteenth birthday.

"I've got a very special birthday present for you," Goku replied with a grin.

When Pan followed her grandfather outside she noticed that the sky was darkening and the dragon balls were glowing on the ground. Pan watched as Shenron was summoned and the sky became black as the Great Dragon curled upwards into the sky.

"What is your wish? Speak." Shenron asked.

"I wish for Pan to get her tail," Goku called out confidently.

"Grandpa what are you doing?" Pan asked excitedly.

"It is done," the dragon replied and with a burst of light the dragon balls once again shot in different directions and everything returned ot normal, except for the furry appendage that shot out from Pan's tailbone.

"I know you have always wanted to feel 'more' Saiyan and decided that it would be my special birthday present to you," Goku smiled and pulled his granddaughter into a hug.

"Thank you so much Grandpa but what if we need the dragon balls to wish someone back?" Pan asked concerned.

"We will deal with that if need be, but this was most important right now," Goku replied letting his granddaughter free.

Pan smiled contently and turned her attention to her new appendage. She had been telling everyone that she wanted a tail since she was small. The desired doubled after Trunks and Goten regrew their tails on their twenty-first birthdays.

~*~ End Flashback ~*~

"Do you have some disorder that causes you to zone out instead of focusing on what you should be? Or maybe your clothes are just so tight they are cutting off the circulation to your brain," Trunks called out before sitting down on the floor pretending to yawn out of boredom.

"Screw you Trunks!" Pan shouted furious. She was angry for many different reasons, but the one that made her the angriest was that he hadn't acknowledged her once since he had been home and instead of the happy response she was expecting from him he was being cold and negative. In fact he wasn't even giving her a true spar and was instead just swapping blows.