Half-Bond

The first thing Pan became aware of as she regained consciousness was that she was surrounded by warmth. She felt content and comfortable and it wasn't until she tried to sit up that she discovered what or who rather was providing that warmth. Trunks had cocooned himself around Pan entangling his legs with hers and pressing his face into her hair on the pillow. The sound Trunks was making was something that sounded like a cat's purr. She started to try and detangle herself from Trunks when she noticed that something was wrapped around her middle that wasn't his hands or feet.

Pan kicked at Trunks startling him awake, "get it off of me!" Pan exclaimed pointing at her waist.

"Tail?" Trunks asked rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He looked and sounded like a petulant five year old who wanted to get his way.

"Yes, tail. I want you to remove it from my waist," Pan complained again surprised that no one had come barreling into the room by how loud she was talking.

"No," Trunks replied simply, shaking his head. He reached out his arms to try to pull her against him and Pan pushed against him once more to try to get him to let her go.

"Why not?" Pan asked crossing her arms and waiting for his explanation.

"Mine," Trunks replied with a shrug a pout on his lips from her denying him.

"Yes, I know the tail is yours, but it needs to get off of me," Pan responded sighing heavily and wondering if Trunks had his head while they were sparring.

"No, you're mine," Trunks replied and reached out successfully pulling her back against him since she was in shock.

"Grandpa! Vegeta! Daddy!" Pan began to shout screaming hoping that one of them would appear to help her. Trunks kept pulling her tighter against him unhappy that she was feeling scared and trying to calm her down, unaware that he was the reason she was becoming more agitated.

It was a few minutes later when Vegeta came stumbling into the room in a pair of shorts and t-shirt. Bulma was following behind him wrapped in a robe with her hair in curlers. They both came to a stop in the doorway as they tried to take in the scene before them. Trunks was holding Pan tightly who looked like she was going to burst into tears because she was frightened. Vegeta sighed heavily before turning towards his mate.

"I thought you said everything was fine when you came to bed last night," Bulma said placing her hands on her hips.

"Woman, go make some breakfast and try not to burn it," Vegeta growled back at his mate. Bulma stuck her tongue out at him childishly before heading down the stairs leaving her husband to deal with their son.

"Brat, you need to let her go," Vegeta addressed his son from a safe distance at the door.

"No," Trunks replied glaring at his father.

"She's scared and doesn't understand what's going on. If you let her go I can explain to her what is happening. If you don't let me do that she will only become more upset," Vegeta explained and let out a breath when Trunks began to loosen his arms.

"Mine," Trunks replied sorrowfully.

"Yes, yours, but you need to let her go," Vegeta said in a voice that was oddly soothing and very out of Vegeta's normal character.

Trunks deliberated for what seemed like forever before removing his tail and arms from around Pan letting her go. Pan jumped up from the bed and rushed towards the door, afraid that if she stayed near Trunks then he would try to attach himself to her again. Trunks sat up on his knees on his bed his tail flicking like an angry cat behind him.

"Go downstairs Pan," Vegeta commanded and after one last glance at Trunks, Pan did exactly as Vegeta asked.

Vegeta then turned his full attention to his son who looked like he might leap from the bed at any moment to chase after her. It took several minutes before Trunks seemed to regain his mind. Vegeta shut the door and leaned back against the wall waiting for the boy's eyes to clear before speaking.