Step Up or Step Off

Chapter 14: Step Up or Step Off

The young woman flew straight towards Drakna a look of anger marring her otherwise pretty face. Drakna's eyes flashed and he looked like he was preparing himself for battle, but instead Gohan flashed in front of the new stranger. The woman pulled back floating in the air looking cautiously at Gohan's Super Saiyan 2 form

"Well, come at me," Brickan called out towards her.

Gohan charged forward. The movements were blurred as she watched her father fight, but she couldn't help the distracting questions that started forming in her brain. Apparently Trunks was listening into her thoughts because he suddenly moved from her side towards Drakna who was watching the battle intently.

"Why did you lie to us?" Trunks asked drawing the attention of everyone else.

"What do you mean lie?" Drakna asked crossing his arms over his chest and puffing it up indignantly.

"I mean why did you want us to think that Nido was a man and you even referred to her as such," Trunks replied throwing a glare at the man that spoke of great pain if the man kept trying to deceive them.

"Honestly it wasn't a lie more an omission of fact. I didn't think you would take me seriously if I told you that Nido was the nickname of a mother and daughter who have been rampaging through space for many years," Drakna responded averting his eyes to watch the ongoing battle.

"Look at me, and listen closely. Unless you want me to blast you straight back to whatever piece of shit place you crawled out of, you will answer my questions," Trunks commanded grabbing the other man's shoulder and turning him so he could look directly into the other man's eyes.

Pan realizing that this was escalating quickly started to move towards Trunks, but her attention was suddenly director towards her father who came careening through the air. Gohan slammed into the mountains behind and a cloud of dust rose into the air covering the place he landed. Pan stared wide-eyed at the raining debris and then turned her attention quickly towards the woman who only had a small cut on her face. Before Pan could move forward or say anything Goten flew towards the visitor taking his brother's place.

"Brickan came to our colony under the guise of a refugee. She spun this intricate story about escaping from one of Nido's raids. She integrated herself into our social systems and submerged herself into colony life. It was only after she had been there for a while that we found out who she really was," Drakna said with a sigh locking eyes with Trunks.

"That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If she truly was this hideous warrior that you speak of then she shouldn't have been able to blend into your community that easily," Pan commented quickly and noticed that Brickan faltered in her attack patterns when she heard Pan's words.

Pan watched as the woman roundhouse kicked Goten across the side causing him to crumple forward onto his hands and knees out of breath and spitting up blood. Goten wiped his mouth clean and began to climb back to his feet glaring at the woman who refused to give up any ground in battle. Pan watched as Goten shot a kai blast and Pan was only mildly surprised when the woman avoided it.

"Why don't you step in and battle with her? Why are you allowing us to battle for you? Or are you too weak?" Pan asked Drakna trying to strike a chord to get to the root of what was actually happening.

"Brickan has not engaged me for an actual fight since we left the colony. I think it had something to do with my sister who she created a friendship with," Drakna replied muttering the last part and not meeting Pan's eyes.

Pan didn't know why Drakna seemed so fascinated with her, but she realized that he would at least answer her questions and she felt like he was at least being halfway honest with her. Pan watched as his attention turned from her and focused on an approaching figure. Pan turned her head as well and watched as her father returned to the group. Gohan was walking and the only visible wound was a large gash across the front of his chest.