Kami's Lookout

Chapter 6: Kami's Lookout

Pan stood on the edge of the Lookout. She stared down into the clouds trying to ignore the growing speculation and conversation from the group gathering behind her. It didn't take long for the group to begin to bicker about what exactly was going on. Trunks stood next to Goten who was excited about the possibility of a new fight. Goten in an effort to try and catch Trunks up on everything he had missed over the last three years was pointing to everyone while discussing any new techniques they had learned or if they were even active fighters anymore. Pan rolled her eyes at her uncle, but was glad that he was keeping Trunks focused on something.

When Goku finally made his way to Kami's Lookout it was hours later and he had tried to reach as many of the group as possible. Pan moved away from the edge and closer to the group as they began to discuss the incoming energy.

"We don't know anything about this approaching energy except that it has a high level of kai. For all we know it could be friendly, but at the same time I do not want to be taken unaware. I asked you all here with the hope that we could spend the next three days training and preparing for the approaching kai. I also wanted to make sure that those who do not fight would be in a safe place," Goku explained causing a few of the others to scratch their heads in confusion.

"What energy?" Yamcha asked coming to stand beside Bulma.

"The energy that we felt approaching earlier today or were you too 'busy' with one of your 'friends' to notice," Vegeta snapped causing Yamcha to redden in embarrassment.

Pan sighed and moved to stand next to her Uncle Goten who placed an arm around her shoulder and casually leaned against her. Pan jumped slightly when she felt something else. She glanced down and noticed that Trunks had wrapped his tail possessively around her waist. She turned to glare at him but noticed that his attention was completely focused on the other people and that he had acted subconsciously towards her.

"The plan is for us to go in pairs into the Time Chamber to prepare for any possible battle," Goku continued ignoring Vegeta's jab at Yamcha.

"How are we going to split up the days them?" Goten asked cracking his knuckles.

"Well since we have three days we need to allow our first line of defense to go in ahead of everyone else so they have time to recuperate after they come out," Bulma answered strategically.

"So basically some of us are here to act as guard dogs for the women," Yamcha muttered, sensing that he was considered weak.

"Yes," Vegeta answered.

"First day will be Vegeta and Goku, Second day will be Goten and Gohan, and the third day will be Trunks and Uub. Remember that a day in the chamber will equal one year out here," Bulma said with a smile as she read off a list in front of her.

"Day three won't work Bulma," Goku said softly from across the room. Vegeta agreed with a nod beside him.

"Why's that?" Bulma replied upset that they didn't like her plan.

"It needs to be Pan instead of Uub if the Brat is going in. Otherwise he doesn't need to go in at all," Vegeta replied.

"Why?" Goten asked looking first at his friend and then over at his father.

"Because if Trunks goes into the Time Chamber for a year he will most likely due to his bond breaking. He's already been suffering because he has not completed his bond yet, but being that far away from his bond mate would kill him," Goku responded looking pointedly at Trunks and then at Pan.

"Pan is not supposed to get involved with any of our fights," Gohan complained.

"Then you would keep one of our stronger fighters from going into that room as well?" Goku said to his son who looked down for several seconds.