✞ First Kiss ✞

You and L had been together for a few months. You had met at university; he had found out you were a detective and confessed to you that he was one too. You were the one who eventually found out he was L, so there was no more point in avoiding it, and you decided to start dating.

It had been very difficult at first, he had to be out of the country all the time and it was too soon to take you with him, even though that was all he wanted. He was excited to have contact with someone else for something other than work, besides Watari of course. That's why the last few weeks he had been back in the country he had been so happy with his decision to go out with you. Even though he was still working, you would drop by to see him after work and stay late into the night, sleeping at the hotel on a couple of occasions, although in a separate room. You liked to massage his shoulders, play with his hair and hug him from behind while he was working, and far from distracting you helped him relax when he was tense. For his part, he was somewhat shy, mostly inexperienced, so the only show of affection on his part towards you was occasionally holding your hand, such as when you sat next to him while you both worked on your research or when you lay down in a chair next to him until you fell asleep. He was slowly getting used to your presence, and although it was too soon to tell, it was hard for him to think of a time when you weren't in his life. You were the perfect woman for him.

One afternoon, you had to leave early because you would be travelling to another state for a couple of days to visit your family, and you said goodbye giving him a kiss on the cheek, which he felt so close to his lips that for a second he thought you were going to kiss him, accelerating his heart and leaving him with a tingling sensation where you had placed your lips, regretting having let you go without first daring to ask you to kiss him.

As much as he tried to refocus on his investigation, the truth was that the case wasn't particularly entertaining and he found himself constantly distracted by the memory of your smile, staring down at the couch where you normally sat with an emptiness in his stomach. He couldn't believe what he was thinking of doing, but he stood up and went to find Watari to ask him to help him buy a plane ticket to the city where your parents lived.

The next morning, you came up for air after breakfast, looking down at your phone wondering why L hadn't texted you as he had been doing lately. But by the time you looked up, you found his distant figure hunched in the distance, scratching the back of his neck. You were so surprised and happy that you ran to him, wrapping your arms around his neck as you pressed your nose against his and grinned from ear to ear. He brought both hands to your waist, pulling you close to him to hold you against his chest. You heard his heart beat rapidly, blushing before you looked up to meet his black, glowing eyes, looking at you as if you were the only thing that existed in the world.

He tilted his head slightly towards you, brushing you with his breath before finally bringing his lips to yours, giving you a small, shy kiss before pulling away for a few seconds to see your expression, smiling and kissing you once more, this time tasting your lips and showing you that skill in his tongue that you had only ever seen him use on cherry stems. When he knew he couldn't continue without escalating the situation, he held you tightly against his body, smelling your hair and sinking his head into your neck, clinging to you.