✞ Truth or Lies✞

A new technology had gained popularity lately: the lie detector. It was an invention that, if true, would prove quite useful to organisations like the CIA and the FBI, so of course, in certain circumstances it would also be useful to L. Watari had bought one for him in case he decided to use it for research, and on this quiet day when there wasn't much to do, he had decided to learn how to use it and read it. The other members of the task force, inevitably, showed quite a bit of interest in it. Especially Light, who was chained to L and had been watching what he had been doing.

When it was time for Misa and Light's date, Misa proposed to take the device to the room for a game, which L immediately refused, until she proposed that they each answer a question, offering that Light would answer research questions as long as L also answered questions too, which wouldn't have to do with his past or anything that might reveal his identity, of course. In the end, L agreed because he had nothing to lose and because you were so interested in the lie detector that you actually chose to participate. L couldn't miss the opportunity to question you because he was curious about you and quite attracted to you.

The four of you logged on to the machine and decided that would ask Misa a question to begin with the game.

"I've always wanted to know... Are you a natural blonde?" you asked.

"Yes," she said, smiling proudly. The machine said it was a lie. "Oh, maybe it's malfunctioning," she feigned innocence.

"I don't think so," laughed Light. "(Y/N), I've wondered this ever since I met you, what did you study?"

"Psychology," you answered. The machine marked that it was true.

"Interesting," said Light, putting a hand to his chin. "I didn't think you were that kind of person."

"My turn," said L. "Light, are you Kira?"

"Hey," Light complained. "I know we said this was going to be an interrogation, but are you really going to be that direct?"

"Yeah," he shrugged.

"No, I'm not Kira," the machine marked that it was true. But of course, at this point, he had no memory.

"I'll have to get back at you for that, Ryuzaki," said Misa. "But first, I'm curious. Tell me the truth, how do you eat so many sweets without getting fat?"

"I told you before. I burn the calories with my brain," the machine marked that it was true.

"I'll go again. Light, tell me, have you ever used someone for personal gain?" you asked. He thought for several minutes before answering.

"Yes," he sighed, "But haven't we all?"

Well, he had a point.

"I guess it's my turn," Yagami continued. "L, that time you said I was your first friend, were you serious?"

L let out a long sigh. He knew the answer and he didn't like where things were going, but he had to at least try.

"Yes," he lied, and the machine showed it. "And since it's my turn, I want to know if you've ever seriously thought about killing anyone."

"Of course not," he answered immediately. He was lying.

"It's my turn again," said Misa. "L, are you a virgin?"

Everyone in the room blushed, especially you.

"But what kind of question is that?" you asked, covering your mouth when you noticed how suspicious that sounded.

"Pass," said L.

"There is no such thing as a pass," Light insisted. "I think it's only fair considering the kind of questions you've been asking me."