✞ Double date ✞

You were sick of being the third wheel on Misa and Light's dates, but L was there anyway and somehow it was less awkward being in the room with them than having to watch them from the cameras. Besides, Misa was your best friend at work and she begged you not to leave her alone while Light was chained to L. It was always the same: silence, then complaints about lack of privacy, the occasional attempt to turn off the lights or distract L long enough for Misa to sexually harass Light. Anyway, it was a pretty tiring routine and you had finally worked up the courage to complain to your friend.

"It wouldn't be so boring if you had a date too," Misa replied, puffing out her cheeks.

"Misa, we want to catch Kira, not turn this into a matchmaking show. I can't just bring people into the building," you explained.

"Well, maybe you could go out with one of the guys. I know, Matsu!" Misa shouted.

Matsuda definitely had a crush on you. On any beautiful woman he could, to tell you the truth. But he wasn't your type, so you grimaced.

"He's a great guy, but I don't think so..."

"But if you don't want to date Matsu, there's only Ryuzaki," Misa's expression brightened. "Yeah, come to think of it, you're right for each other. You like sweets, you're smart, and really weird."

"Hey, I'm not weird, I'm misunderstood. And L isn't weird either."

"See? You don't even realize how weird he is, he's definitely the perfect date for you," he grabbed your arm and pulled you with super human strength towards the quarters, where the others were working. "Hey, Ryuzaki!"

"What's up Misa?"

"She wants to ask you something."

"No, I don't want to," you blushed.

"Come on, do it for me," your friend insisted.

"I don't understand, is something wrong?" asked L.

"She wants to know if you'd go on a date with her," said Misa, pushing you towards him.

"It's about time," you heard Aizawa say from his place.

"Yeah, I don't think it's a bad idea," Light agreed. "You are quite compatible."

"I'm glad you think so Light, because we thought they might have their first date with us. It'll be a double date, doesn't that sound like fun?"

You exchanged a glance with Ryuzaki. It didn't sound like fun to either of you. Not because of the date, but because of the fact that the two suspects in the case would be in the room with you and would be looking for the slightest excuse to get intimate at the slightest sign that you were distracted. Last week L had turned away for a second to get his cake and when he turned back Misa had her hands on a rather compromising part of Light's trousers. L claimed it didn't bother him, but it certainly did, especially when they sought to hide it and ended up being so pathetically obvious.

"Could we go along with this charade to get her to leave us alone?" L asked, realising that it was Misa's idea.

"It's for the best," you agreed.

The next day as soon as you arrived to work Misa pulled you by the arm to take you to the room where they had their dates, sitting you next to Ryuzaki while she sat next to Light. The couch wasn't big enough for everyone so you were all cramped together and you preferred to stand up, followed by Light.

"Misa, you need to calm down a bit. I know you're excited, but there's no reason for everyone to be so close," Light scolded her.

"But if we don't push them, they'll never come closer," she said. "They're too shy."