Chapter Seven

Charm's brain had stopped working for several moments as she stared at him, suddenly thinking Osiris undeniably attractive. And his body...she could only imagine how it'd feel to have his skin against hers. How it'd feel to have him kissing her, touching her.

Charm roughly shook her head before her thoughts could get any worse. What was she doing? He was the villain. The enemy. So she started wriggling again. 

"Get off me, you brute! Get off!" She growled. He didn't move for several agonizing movements. "Will you hit me again?" He demanded, looking down at her.

Charm shook her head desperately. "No!! Get off me!" After one more moment, he released her and stood up, his body leaving hers. Charm felt a mixture of relief and disappointment. She didn't bother standing, as she knew her legs wouldn't be able to hold her.

"Here." Charm looked up to see a new book set on the edge of the bed. "So you don't get bored." He muttered, leaving the room and shutting the door behind him,.leaving her alone with her thoughts."

Not giving herself time to think, Charm hurriedly picked up the book. It was called 'A court of wings and Ruin' and it was very good. She lost herself in the characters and the plot for the next few hours.

Right from the start, she didn't like Tamlin. She didn't know why, he was the mcs love interest. And weren't all love interests supposed to be likeable? But there was something off about him.

As the book went on, Charm realized why. He was so possessive. Very controlling. Yeah, he nearly lost her before, but that didn't give him the right to stifle her.

But Rhys, she liked. He seemed to care more for the mc then Tamlin did. Yeah, he was a little rough on the edge, but his heart is good...

Suddenly, her mind drifted. Rhys reminded her of Osiris, strangely. A whole lot more than the villain he appears to be. Not pleased with the reminder of Osiris, Charm slammed the book closed and tossed it on the floor.

She then rolled over and punched her pillow as hard as she could. Why did that happen? Why did it feel so good? He was a villain. He was evil. She couldn't be attracted to someone like HIM.

Could she?

No. It was a mistake. She was clearly. thinking wrong. It was a part of the after effects of not eating. Yeah, that was it.

She wasn't convinced, though. But what else could it be? Charm couldn't be interested in that asshole. He kidnapped her! She should hate him, not thinking about how his kiss would feel. Not thinking about how his hands would be roaming all over her body roughly. Not thinking about how perfectly he felt against her.

Pressing her face into the pillow, Charm let out a scream of frustration. Why did this have to happen? Was she stupid or something?

Yeah, had to be stupidity.

"Stupid stupid stupid!!!" She muttered.

Charm couldn't soften towards him. Her parents will rescue her and he'll go to jail, and therefore out of her life. All she had to do was wait.

About after fifteen more minutes of screaming into her pillow, the door opened. Charm sat up and put on her fiercest glare, but she dropped it once she saw Osiris.

His uniform....was covered in blood. It was drying. She stared in horror. "Did you...kill someone?" She whispered hoarsely, her hands trembling a little. She had gone as pale as snow.

Osiris set down the food tray he was holding and scowled. "So what if I did. Stop asking questions. It's not your place to." he snapped, angrier than usual

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! YOU MONSTER!" She screamed at him, genuinely terrified now. The attraction was still there, but the fear and anger overwhelmed it.

She could almost ignore it.

"I know I am. You don't need to say it to me." Without looking at her, Osiris turned and left the room. Charm fell back, shivering. He had murdered someone. He had killed...

And she was attracted to him. Disgust washed over her. He's a murderer. That's even more reason to not be attracted. Her resolve hardened.

Even though she was completely nauseated with all the blood she saw and the knowledge that he was a murderer, she crawled to the tray and ate every bite.

She learned from her mistake.

After that, her mind wandered. She wondered what innocent person he murdered. Seeing all that blood...it had to be a brutal death... slapping her hands over her mouth, she shook silently.

She stayed like that for hours until she finally fell asleep.