Chapter Nine

Charm couldn't move for a solid minute. She was so confused. So he didn't kill in cold blood...? He saved someone? But he was a villain. Villains don't save people. He could be lying. But what if he wasn't? And it honestly looked like he was telling the truth.  His voice was sure, his eyes steady, his hands still. There were no tells.

She hated that she felt so relieved when he said that, as if she never wanted him to be a murderer. As if she wanted to trust him. Charm shook those thoughts off. Even if he didn't kill in cold blood...he was still evil. Still someone she needed to stay away from.

Charm finally took a moment to look around. She gasped loudly.

This room was a huge step up from her other one. It was gorgeous. The room was medium sized, and there was indeed a window, with pretty curtains fitting it. Next to the window was a dresser that she assumed held the clothes in.

And there was a bookshelf full of books near the side door that Charm assumed was the bathroom. Her eyes widened.

He really did this for her...?

No, she couldn't soften. He kidnapped her. She had to hate him. But as hard as she tried, her heart refused to hate him, even if her mind demanded it. There was something clearly very wrong with her.

She got up of the bed, stretching. She ached everywhere. Charm wondered if it was an after effect of being sick. Eyes drawn to the window, that's where she went, pressing her hand to the glass. Her eyes widened as she took in the sight. There were trees. A lot of them.

Which meant, they were in some kind of woods. She remembered seeing woods as she walked to school before. Perhaps it was those woods. Maybe she was closer to home than she thought.

Charm attempted to open the window, but of course it was shut tight. And she already knew that she couldn't break it. Osiris had no reason to lie about something like this. Sighing regretfully, she turned away from the window to explore the rest of the room.

She opened the dresser to catalog the clothes she had. They were very simple and basic, but they looked like they would fit her perfectly. How Osiris knew her size, she didn't know. She didn't think she wanted to know.

After that, She went to the books. Her eyes widened as she scanned them. There were a variety of genres, from romance to horror to sci-fi. She wouldn't get bored, that's for sure.

He was actually...kind of nice. If she thought about it. Charm scowled. As the butterflies fluttered around. She wanted to kill them dead.

Next, Charm went to the side door. She was perhaps most excited about this. It's been a while since she's last showered, after all. She opened the door.

There was a bath and a shower in one, a toilet, and a sink, with soaps and loofahs and various other bathroom stuff. Her eyes widened slightly as she tested the sink.

Clear clean water went out of the faucet. Charm grinned. She wanted to shower.

She grabbed clean clothes and went back to the door, shutting it. There was a lock. She clicked it without hesitating. She didn't want Osiris to walk in. Didn't even want to risk it.

She took a long, amazing hot shower. And it felt amazing. charm spent like an hour in total in the shower. Afterwards, she dried off,. luxuriating in the feel of finally being clean again. She got dressed in simple leggings and a giant shirt, and brushed her hair to smooth the tangles out of it.

Now she actually looked like a human again. Smiling, she unlocked the door and stepped out, where Osiris was waiting. Her eyes widened and her smile faltered. She wasn't expecting to see him so soon.

Her stomach did summersaults, and she schooled her face into neutrality.

Osiris raised his eyebrows, scanning her up and down. She fought a blush, crossing her arms and attempting to glare. "Like what you see?" She blurted out.

He arched an eyebrow, anger gone. He chuckled. "I do, actually. You smell nice"

Now there was no way that should have embarrassed her, but she found her cheeks growing hot. Charm hid her face behind her hair. "What do you want?" She ground out, scowling.

"I just brought you food" he raised his hands in surrender, but his eyes were laughing at her. She scowled and stomped to him, snatching the tray out of his hands.

"Whatever. Thank you, I guess" she rolled her eyes as he stood there, watching here. "You can go now. I don't like people watching nme eat. Makes me self conscious."

"Eat one bite and I'll go" Osiris smiled. Charm frowned but did as he wanted, needing him gone.

"Good girl. I'll take my leave now." Just before he left, she spoke again.

"Charmaine. That's my name" she was crazy, telling this guy her name. But it felt right.

"It suits you." Osiris sajd quietly, sensing the importance of this tiny bit of information she gave him. He shut the door behind him, leaving her heart beating way too fast for comfort.