Chapter Seventeen.

"look at this!" Osiris said without greeting, barging in her room. He tossed a newspaper on her bed. Curious, Charm picked it up. "Look at what? 'The Grand opening of the Dinosaur Museum?'" She asked, reading off the first page.

Osiris wasn't amused. "No, love. The second page." Chewing on her bottom lip, giggling nervously, she turned the page.

Her eyes were first drawn to the large black and white photo set in the center. As she stared, her smile faded and her eyes grew serious.

"What in the world...?" She murmured. It was a picture of her and Osiris. He was gripping her hand tightly. Her face was visible, the hood had fallen back. Her eyes were furious. She remembered that she was angry for Osiris.

It was true they weren't as careful on the way back to the house, but she hasn't thought anyone had saw them. Apparently, she was wrong.

Her brows furrowing, she started reading the article.

the elusive and mysterious Shadow Man spotted dragging Charmaine Peirce into the forest. The young 17 year old girl was kidnapped from her own home a month ago. Her parents, the heroes of our city, have been trying tirelessly to find their lost daughter. Imagine how they felt when a random passer-by happened to come upon the girl and her captor. We managed to get an interview with the couple. "We're working our hardest to find our daughter and bring that villain down.Now that we have a promising lead, we're confident that we'll have Charm back home and safe," Eric Peirce said when asked about the whole situation.

Charm dropped the paper, numb. Her parents..they were actually going to find her, just because they were a bit careless. She turned to Osiris, fidgeting with her hair. "Do you think they'll actually find us here?" She asked, panic clear in her voice.

Osiris nodded tightly. "Yeah, they're stubborn mfs. If they want to find us, they will." He sounded so assured in his words. That made her go pale. If her parents found them, they would fight him, and take him to jail. She didn't want that to happen.

"Shouldn't we leave here, then? Go somewhere else?" Charm suggested desperately. He looked at her. "Go where? There is nowhere else to go. People recognize my masked persona. And they certainly recognize you."

Charm deflated. It was true. Perhaps Osiris could get away with being invisible without his costume on, but she couldn't. She'd have to WEAR a costume. And that would look pretty odd.

So he was right. They were stuck here. Like pigs waiting to be slaughtered. She sighed.

Osiris took her chin in his hand and tilted her face up to look at him. "Hey," he said softly. "I'm not weak. I will fight. And I'll get you out of here even if it kills me. I'm not gonna let them take you" he promised.

Tears filled her eyes. "You better not die. I'm scared..." She admitted softly. Osiris kissed her forehead, brushing her hair out of her face. "Don't be. As long as we're together, it'll be fine" He then took her face in his hands and kisses her deeply and softly.

She melted into the kiss, kissing him back and wrapping a hand around his wrist. Charm could have kissed him forever. Osiris stroked her head. "it'll be okay. All you have to do is trust me." He told her.

"I do," She bit her lip. "But my parents-" She hesitated, not knowing what she was going to say. The thought evaporated like it was water. "Don't worry about them. Maybe once they see how happy you are they'll let me go" He joked.

But Charm didn't think it was all that funny. "They wouldn't. They've been after you even before all this began. There's no way they would let you go simply because i wished it."

"Wouldn't hurt to try, is all I'm saying " Osiris replied. Charm frowned. "That's true, but I'm telling you it won't work. I know my parents." It was depressing to have to say that.

She knew that any little bit of hope counted, but there was no hope that her parents would accept that she and Osiris were together. Yeah, they'd be like:

"You're just confused. Give it a few weeks for your head to clear"

Charm cringed at those words. She didn't want to hear them. She knew what she felt. She KNEW. Charm felt sick.

Her parents were gonna be incredibly disappointed.