- Chapter 1 and 2 -

Okay, uh wow first legit post. Why am I nervous I shouldn't be nervous, pls comment in how you think I did !! 1-21-2023

"Your move, princess. I don't have all day." The old man said, as Avery was zoned out, staring at the chess board.

"Not a princess," she retorted, "Your move, old man."

Harry scowled.

"You got this, Avery," You smiled ear to ear, "You're going down!!" You pointed to Harry, 

You were never really a fan of chess, but Avery was. You guess it's always been like that. She'd always win, no matter what. Always using strategies and maneuvers every time. Whatever game it was, whoever was playing, she succeeded. It kind of went well with your stubbornness.

Even though your personalities were different, they went so well together. It's a lot better than fitting like a glove. It's funny you were all different. Avery doesn't exactly have parents and your parents don't care enough. Sometimes it felt that you were more family with Avery, than your blood-related parents.

"You are a horrible person" Harry grumbled, unclear if it was directed to you or Avery.

And about three moves later, Avery proudly stated. "Checkmate."

"You know what that means, Harry" You chuckled, leaning your elbows on the table.

He frowned, "I have to let you buy breakfast."

Avery gloated, "It's good to be queen."

"Long live the queen." You played along before giving her a high five.

--time skip--

"Come on, Avery, we're going to be late!" You exclaimed, running like you were in a marathon.

"Slow down!-" She yelled back.

The floors were as slippery as ice. Each foot step made an unbearable squeaking noise. You might as well run fast and then just drift with the floor. Your hand nearly missing the handle, you barged through the door, you looked like you just woke up or something.

"Sorry, I'm late!! I was-" You panted.

"Quiet, y/n," the teacher sighed. "just go sit down" Based on her tone, it was basically the normal for all the teachers for students to be late.

"Huh, oh, alright" You scratched the back of your head before sitting down on you seat.

You then saw Avery walk in too, except she didn't cause as much as a scene as you. So to her luck, the teacher ignored her.

But Not even 30 minutes in of the class, the two of you were called into the principle's office.

Some random girl randomly spoke out,"What'd you do this time y/n?!"

"None of your fu-" Avery dragged you out by your hand before you could finish. It wasn't like the girl was lying though. You could've been called up for something you did last month, or two days ago. Or anytime in between really.

"Avery," The principal nodded to Avery, and looked at you. "Y/n, have a seat"

Avery compliantly sat down, before you plopped onto the chair and leaned back.

"I assume you two know why you are here." The principle began.

Before you could ask the obvious question, Avery interjected,"Sorry, but we don't."

He then presented you both a stapled packet of paper.

"This is the physics test you two took yesterday."

"Alright, and?" You pushed back the paper, not even taking a second to look at it, while Avery carefully looked at it.

"Mr. Yates graded the tests. Avery, yours was the only perfect score."

It must've been the one she told you she was studying for... And the one she urged you to study for.

"and y/n, I'm slightly concerned for your grade, especially because you have been missing classes."

"Great" Avery declared referring to her grade. She should be glad that she aced it. 

"So what, I don't try because I don't have to. Plus I'd rather not" Your attitude completely the opposite from Avery's.

He tried to divert the conversation back to Avery. He found it easier to talk to her.

"Not great, young lady. Mr. Yates intentionally creates exams that challenge the abilities of his students. In 20 years, he has never seen a perfect score. Do you see the problem?"

"Do you mean he makes his tests impossible so my classmates would fail? For shame." You commented, putting on a fake look of surprise.

The principle purposefully ignored your statement, and turned back to Avery."You're a good student, Avery. Quite good, given your circumstances. But you don't exactly have a history of setting the curve."

Avery had a slight change in expression.

"I am not without sympathy for your situation, but I need you to be straight with me here."

A moment of silence aired through the room.

"We're you aware that Mr. Yates keeps copies of all his exams on the cloud?"

"You calling Avery a cheater?" You said in a low voice, beginning to lean forward a bit, like you were making sure you were hearing him right. How could he accuse her of cheating? But with one look from Avery, you knew she wanted you to back down, even if what the principle asked as incredibly stupid and idiotic.

Avery and the principle went on and on, and Avery was only getting angrier by each word. She then told him that she didn't cheat, and instead she studied. She said she would take the test again. And now, you had to wait outside for 45 minutes before she was done. But props to Avery for sticking up for herself. She saved the principle from a punch to the face from you.

--time skip--

"Rough day?" Libby asked in the tone of a concerned mom as you and Avery entered the room. It felt safer around Libby, more comforting.

"I'm fine." Avery calmly said.

"Just tired." You walked off to the back side of the counter. And saw muffins and cupcakes. That's not a good sign.

"Oh no." Avery and you almost said at the same time.

"That dumbass isn't moving back in, is he?" You wish you could be more brutally honest, but as long as Libby and him are dating, you couldn't say a word.

"It's going to be different this time, "Libby reassured, "And the cupcakes are chocolate!"

As great as a person Libby was, no one is perfect. No matter what you or Avery told Libby, she'd always deny it, and say she could fix it. Avery and Libby were so into their small argument before he walked in.

"Hey jailbait." He snatched a cupcake from the counter.

"Drake." Libby replied.

He smiled, "Just kidding. You know I'm kidding Libby-mine. You and your sister, and that guy need to learn how to take a joke."

Ew , Libby-mine, what a stupid nickname. He's such a terrible boyfriend. You should just kick him, just to do it. He even called you "that guy," and you knew he knew your damn name. That guy is a walking red flag.

Phew, done, I accidentally wrote chapter 2 as well, whoops. Well that was fun. I hope you like it. GOOD NIGHT/GOOD MORNING/GOOD EVENING/GOOD AFTERNOON!!  Ladies [?] and gentlemen<3