-- Chapter 19 --

Alright again, this will be happening while Avery and Jameson are talking. This will probably a lost shorter than usual
Date posted: 1-22-2023

Avery's stressed. A 17 year old girl shouldn't have to go through all of this. So you had to let her go.

She got out the door before you did.

You called. "Hey Avery."

She turned around.

"Sleep well, okay?"

"Will do." She smiled. And she was out the door. You stayed in the room a little longer before leaving as well. You decided to wander throughout the halls. During you walk, you saw paintings of all the family members. Never really smiling. Each grandson had their own. Nash. Grayson. Jameson. And Xander. You then heard some noise coming from Xan's painting.

"I'm watching you, oooo--" followed by some "scary noises."

"Alexander Hawthrone, get out from there, before I make you get out there myself." You crossed your arms, turning your whole body to his painting.

"Awh how'd you know?" the painting moved to the left revealing the youngest Hawthorne.

"Please, I'd actually be surprised if it wasn't you."

He stepped out from the painting and hopped off of the table. Xander gentle set the painting evenly back before turning to you with a cheeky smile.

"I've been hearing that you've been talking to a certain guy." He nudged you with his elbow.

"Pshh, I don't know what you're talking about." You began to walk down the hall like you were trying to avoid this question, but Xander walked with you.

"Come on, there's something between Gray and you." He grinned. "Scone?" Xander had just pulled a Scone out of thin air.

"No thanks, I'd rather not. Guessing I don't know came from."

"Suit yourself." He took a bite of it, smiling with each chew.

You asked. "Do you know where I'm staying?"

"Oh yeah, you'll be on our side of the mansion." He wrapped his arm around you, still eating that scone.

"Just keep me away from Grayson, and I'll be fine."

He excitedly stepped in front of you. "I knew it! There's is something going on between you guys!"

"That's where I'm going to stop you, Xander." You took the unfinished Scone in his hand, and stuff it in his mouth.

Continuing your little stroll, Xander quickly ate the scone, and went on about the school he was going to.

"Wow, a Robot Battle Death Match Fight Club?" You snorted at the thought that was an actual club, but Xander seemed pretty invested in it.

"Yeah! You should join me!" He looked like he had just come up with the greatest idea in history.

 You shrugged. "Eh, not really my thing."

"You'll change your mind" He spun around while walking. "Eventually." He winked.

You left out a small laugh. He was so lively compared to the other's personality. You wondered how they all became so different from each other. If you had a sibling, would they follow in your footsteps, or turn out like Avery personality wise?

You two had finally reached a long hall, where each room was only behind one door. "Well, we're here!"

"Thanks, Xander."