-- Chapter 5 --

My internet crashed so I'm just doing this in the meantime. IM SO GLAD PEOPLE ARE ALREADY READING THIS ^^ 1-21-2023

You've only been in a plane once. When you moved from your original home. You missed it. And being at a new school in the middle of the year wasn't easy either. Everyone was already had friends. That's when you met Avery. She never really talked much so you were curious. Now you two together flying in first class to Texas to a will reading.

"Picture time," Libby announced,"Smoosh in and hold up your warm nuts." The lady on the aisle gave you all a disappointed look. You squeezed in and took the photo.

"I'll send it to you guys when we land." She smiled

"Just don't put it online." You warned her, not just out of embarrassment, but also Drake. (I feel disgusted just typing it's name)

"I won't."

You all did your own thing. Avery was researching even more on that Hawthorne guy. You texted the group chat (Max, Avery, and you) before you all landed.

Max: Are you guys foxing kidding with me, beach?

Avery: No. I am legit on a plane to Texas right now. Getting ready to land.

Y/n: We'll send you photos!! :]

Max: holy ship

Once you all past security, we met a dark-haired woman in an all- white power suit.

"Ms. Grambs." She nodded. She looked over to you but only said welcome, and then greeted Libby in the same manner as her sister. She started to walk off expecting us to follow. How can she walk so fast in high-heels??

"I am Alisa Ortega," she said,"from McNamara, Ortega, and Jones." She paused. "And may I ask who you are." Looking over to you.

"Y/n L/n, I'm here just for Avery."

"Very well. Ms. Grambs, you are a very hard lady to get a hold of."

Avery shrugged "I live in my car."

"She doesn't live there," Libby said quickly, "tell her you don't."

"We're so glad you could make it. During your time in Texas, you're to consider yourselves guests of the Hawthorne family. I'll be your liaison to the firm. Anything you need while you're here, come to me."

She is something alright. Just as tense and on point as Grayson. A different kind of feeling though.

"Is there anything I can do for you?"

Avery answered, "How about some information."

"You'll have to be a bit more specific."

You asked, "Do you know what's in the will?"

"I do not."

She directed you guys to a black Sedan. And opened the door for Avery. Each person slid in. Avery in the middle with you on the left and Libby on the right of her.

"You'll find out what in the will soon enough. We all will. The reading is scheduled for shortly after your arrival at the Hawthrone house."

'The Hawthorne House', they sound important.

"Is that where we'll be staying?" You questioned

"Avery will have a pick of the bedrooms. Mr. Hawthorne bought the land the house built on more than fifty years ago and spent everyone of those years adding onto the architectural marvel he built there. I've lost track of the total number of bedrooms, but it's upward of 30. Hawthorne house is . . . Quite something."

Avery was even more curious now. "I'm guessing Mr. Hawthorne was quite something, too?"

"Good guess. Mr Hawthorne was fond of good guessers."

"How well did you know him?" You asked adding on to Avery.

"My father has been Tobias Hawthorne's attorney since before I was born." Her voice became softer. "I spent a lot of time at the Hawthorne house growing up."

"Do you have any idea why I'm here? Why he leave my anything at all?" Avery asked.

"Are you the world saving type?" Like that was a perfectly normal question.

"No?"

"Ever had you life ruined by someone with the last name Hawthrone?"

"No."

"Lucky you."

This one is shorter but whatever. I hope that's alright. I'll work on chapter 6 after this. For yk more precision. HAVE A GOOD MORNING / GOOD NIGHT / GOOD EVENING / GOOD AFTERNOON !! ladies[?] And gentlemen <3