-- Chapter 16 --

Alright so for two of the chapters it was only about Avery, but yk we got gotta make it about you. So it will go straight to chapter 19 next. Date posted: 1-22-2023

As you three went through the hallways, you looked into the open doors just glancing at it all. How can anybody find their way around here? Nash threw open a door. You expected to see some injured person or some sort of mess, but instead, when you walked in, you saw Grayson and Jameson standing on opposite sides of a library. While Avery was taken aback from the library, you were more focused on the brothers. You stared at Grayson and gave him a look, mixed of curiosity and disappointment that you had to see him again, until he looked away.

"So," Nash said behind you eyeing his two brothers, "Whose ass do I need to kick first?"

Grayson looked up from a book that just was in his hands. "Must we always resort to fisticuffs?"

"Looks like I have a volunteer for the first ass-kicking." Nash said with a hint of amusement.

"I'd like to participate too in beating him up, didn't get chance to at the hotel." You said loud enough for Grayson to hear as you crossed your arms.

"Leave it to me, Avery's friend," He then looked at Jameson, who was leaning against the railing of one of the staircases, "Do I have a second?"

Jameson smirked. "Couldn't stay away, could you, big brother?"

"And leave Avery and-- whats your name? --"

"Y/n."

"And y/n here with you knuckleheads?" Nash finished his sentence. It seemed the other two hadn't noticed Avery's presence yet due to her quietness.

"I would worry too much about Mr. L/n," Grayson said, "He's clearly capable of taking care of himself."

You've could've taken that as a compliment, but that's Grayson we're talking about. He probably has some hidden meaning to it behind those words.

"Don't pay attention to Gray." Jameson told you lazily. "None of us do."

"Jamie." Nash warned. "Zip it."

Jameson ignored him. "Grayson is in training for the Insufferable Olympics, and we think he can go all the way if he can just jam that stick a little far up his---"

You looked at Avery, knowing she'd filter that word in her mind.

"Enough." Nash grunted.

"What'd I miss?" Xander bounded through the doorway. He was wearing a school uniform that was instantly gone in a second.

"You haven't missed anything at all." You assured him, not even questioning where he came from.

"And Ms. Grambs and the other one were just leaving." Grayson flicked his gaze toward you. "I'm sure you'd want to get settled."

"I know that you know my name, dumbass." You scowled, which Grayson decided to ignore.

"Wait a second," Xander frowned suddenly, "Were you guys brawling in here without me?"

"Brawling?" You repeated, looking at Xander once again. There were no signs of destruction or fighting, and you knew if it was a fight, there'd be a mess. "I hope you beat him well, Jameson."

"This is what I get for being the one who doesn't miss school." Xander said mournfully.

As soon as Nash heard school, he looked from Xander to Jameson. "No uniform." He noted. "Playing hooky, Jamie? Two ass-kickings it is."

Without any heads up, Xander took the phrase "Ass-kicking" like it was some code for him to tackle his older brother, Nash, and accidentally knocking you down. Xander immediately stopped play fighting with Nash, looking at you.