-- Chapter 31 --

Date posted: 2-9-2023

"Of course, who doesn't have a bowling alley in their house?" You said as you walked into the closest lane for you and Avery,

"Oh yeah, who doesn't?" Avery tapped the small screen and entered her initials. A welcome screen flased across the monitor with her full name.

"Let me try. I bet I'll work for me."

"As if, you weren't even expected to be here."

"Watch." You grinned as you put in your initials.

"Welcome to the Hawthrone House, Y/n (m/n) L/n" You read.

"Hah, I told you." You crossed your arms, hiding your confusion.

Avery wasn't laughing. She was still concerned about how the place already knew her name.

"Hey, is something bothering you?" You waved your hand in front of her face.

"Huh?" She snapped back into reality, "No, I'm fine."

"Then game on, Ave." You held a bowling ball in your hand.

Avery messed up the first time and only hit two pins. You saw the way her hand held onto the bowling ball and the way she rolled it too. You knew something was up. You ended up winning 3 games.

"What do you want go do next?" Avery asked, sweating.

"The gym maybe."

"Wouldn't it be better to swim though? Have you seen the pool yet?"

"Yeah, but... I don't have a swimsuit." You covered up your actual reason.

"Then we'll ask Alisa. If you're there, then I'm there."

"You better be there then." You sighed in defeat.

"See you then, y/n." Avery left the bowling alley before you.

You sat down on one of the seats and texted Alisa. 

Y/n: Alisa???

Alisa: Yes?

Y/n: You got any swim suits for me? I'm planning on going to the pool w Avery

Alisa: What color do you prefer?

You were told to wait in your room. In about 10 minutes, Alisa and some other person came to your room.

"We chose the color you requested, and found it in different brands." Alisa said as the other person laid the clothes on your bed.

"Why are they all swim trunks?" (Yuh, we can be shirtless 💪)

"It was the best we could do on such short notice. Unless if you want to get your shirt wet."

"Good point. I'll just take the plain one then." You took the most normal one in your eyes. You went to the bathroom and changed into it. You looked at yourself in the mirror. It felt strange wearing an actual swimsuit then just some clothes you didn't mind getting wet. Also, the fact you weren't wearing a shirt.

"Would you like to receive the directions?" Alisa asked as you stepped out of the bathroom.

"I think I'll be able to find it." You grabbed a towel and wrapped it around your neck, remembering it was somewhere in the back.

Luckily, you were about to find a pool all bu yourself.

You first squatted down and touched the water to see if it was cold. It wasn't freezing, but it wasn't boiling either. You were only able to get in to your stomach before stepping back out. How do people just go in without having second thought?