--Chapter 36--

IM WRITING THIS CHAPTER SINCE IM A LITTLE UPSET RIGHT NOW, BUT IM BETTER. SO HOPEFULLY IT DOESNT AFFECT MY (ehhh) WRITING SKILLS. ABT A WEEK LATER, IM FUCKING SICK

- Your fav author (>-0) 

________________________

Avery kept her word as she usually would. She ended up waking you up by knocking on your door repeatedly, until it stopped and your phone constantly rang from her.

Sundays... It would've been the worst day if you actually had school the next day. So your mood wasn't terrible.

"Avery, y/n." Alisa greeted the both of you as Oren stood behind you two. 

Honestly, it almost made you feel sucked from personality in there. Almost every spot was empty, except for you and the group and the receptionist and a security guard. What do you even do in an practically dead building. Sit there?

"I bet if I yelled 'echo,' I'd hear it back." You whispered to Avery, stepping into the elevator.

"Don't, Y/n." Avery smiled and sighed. She looked to Alisa, going back to why you two were there. "You said I was the firms only client. Exactly how big is the firm?" 

"There are a few different divisions." Alisa replied crisply. "Mr. Hawthrone's assets were quite diverse array of lawyers."

"And the will I asked about." Avery continued. "It's here?"

Avery had told you that Jameson had strangely gave her the red square without questions or even a confused look. She said she had felt like he had trusted her more than his brother, which could be possibly true. They don't really seem like the healthiest family in your eyes.

"The red will is here." Alisa confirmed. She turned to Oren. "How much company did we have today?"

Company meaning annoying paparazzi. 

"It's tapered off a little," Oren reported. "But odds are good that they'll be piled outside the door as soon as we leave."

You dreaded even thinking about not being able to even exit the building later. "That's fu-... terrible." You remembered to keep what you call a 'filter' around Oren.

The elevator reached the third floor with a ding.  You and Avery were led to a corner office. So many rooms yet so empty. You never could get what a person did with a huge house or a mansion. What would you even do with all of the space? Make it like the room in front of you? Just a desk and some lights. At least they weren't flickering.

You approached the desk and instantly noticed the red text, that only colorful thing in the entire room.

"My father was instructed to keep this copy here and show it to you - or the boys- if one of you came looking." Alisa said.

You both turned back to Alisa. "Instructed?" You tilted your head.

"By Tobias Hawthrone." Avery asked, just as intrigued as you were.

Alisa nodded. "Naturally."

"Did you tell Nash?" Avery then asked her.

Alisa collected her composure. "I don't tell Nash anything anymore." She was always so professional. "If that's all, I'll leave you two to it."

"Yeah, we're all good." You gave her a thumbs up, with a calm smile.

You and Avery waited for the door to close before your eyes fell right onto the paper. Avery sat down at the desk across from you.

"Where there is a will..." Avery pulled out the red square. "there is a way." She began gliding the red square above the red text as it disappeared when the square was over it.

"Hey Ave, doesn't this look like the result of some sort of five minute craft?" You laughed. Seeing the red text would be gone because of the square, it meant that you two were one step closer to whatever goal Avery was trying to reach.

Nothing happened for a bit, just text being gone and no clue yet. Avery began inspecting the names, none of them standing out, until she had gotten to the four Hawthrone grandsons.

"Hm, only their middle names..." You observed. A quick grin crept onto your face. "Davenport, what a-"

Avery furrowed her eyebrows. "Y/n, stay serious. I think you can hold back from making fun of something for five minutes."

"That'd be a new record for me."

Avery continued sliding the red square from left to right, checking if there was anything else that she had missed. But that was it, only the middle names. 

She began recited them. "Westbrook, Winchester-"

"Davenport-"

"Blackwood." You both made sure to remember them.

Avery then pulled out her phone.

"You gonna take a photo?" You asked her.

"No, I'm texting Jameson."

"Fine then I'll take the photo." You walked to the other side of the desk, snapping a shot of the four middle names. You couldn't rely on your memory that much. "Alright, let's go." You patted her shoulder, already heading towards the door.

You exited the room, seeing Oren and Alisa standing near the door, just waiting for you two.

"Come on Avery lets-"

"I'm already going." Avery said, walking past you. This must be her random drive for something again...

"Teenagers." You said, closing the door following Avery's directions.

________________________

SO YEAH, YA BOY'S SICK. AND IT SUCKS. I MISSED LIKE TWO IMPORTANT TESTS AND SHIT. Anyways, this chapter has been in my drafts for a long time, but I didn't have enough time to finish it. You wanna know why?... IVE BEEN MAKING MY HALLOWEEN COSTUME EVER SINCE HALLOWEEN ENDED LAST YEAR. (Im a really big halloween fan if you couldn't tell.) And I'm busier this month since i'm rushing through the costume.

DONT GET SICK OKAY? GOOD. (Omg i should update you guys on my love life with my crush/ friend. [If yall wanna hear tho ofc])