-- Chapter 35 --

SCHOOLS BEING A BITCH... anyways, I need a name to call you guys since i cant just say "guys" all the time. OH ALSO, I think I have a crush on one of my friends who lives in another state, so I talk to her online BUT SHES LITERALLY THE NICEST/ FUNNIEST PERSON EVER. IDK WHAT TO DO. I ONLY KNOW WRITING RIZZ NOT ACTUAL RIZZ. I have this fear that she'll random found out I said this even though she doesn't know i write on here...

- Your fav author

______________________

You stepped out of the closet unable to last another second in there with Grayson. Despite the grand space of the closet, it felt like the walls were pressing against you.

Your mind wondered how Grayson even got into the closet without those strange stylist even questioning his presence. He probably just told them some fake excuse, but that doesn't justify letting him go so easily.

"Hello?" You called out if the two stylist were still out there. You could've sworn there were more clothing racks than there were before.

"How long does it take you to put on a suit?" The lady asked, suddenly appearing behind you.

"A few minutes?-"

"Then why did it take you so long? You are wasting precious minutes here." She added, like there was a deadline to find you the 'perfect' look.

"Sorry." You said, hiding the fact you didn't really care. "Anyways, I put on the suit. Can I take it off now?" You turned around, only having to turn again since she was circling around you.

"It's not a terrible look..." Her hand held the tie as she inspected it closer. "Your tie isn't tangled." She commented. You guessed that was how she said, 'nice job on your tie.' Her tone gave off the impression she wasn't expecting your to know how to tie a tie, which was accurate.

"Yeah, it is." You responded not exactly sure what to say to that. Definitely not that it wasn't you who did your tie.

The stylist eyes then went to the door past you. "I see you found him." She looked at her brother.

"And wasted no time doing it." Her brother added. New fact, these siblings like to be on time for things... probably everything now that you think about it.

The lady looked back at you. "I supposed you two already met, being the same age, but such different behavior." You felt like that last part was unnecessary. 

How in the world did he get out of the closet without a single noise? And just for him to come back too...

You clasped your hand together. "If it isn't Mr. Pretty perfect, ready to fix me with his perfectness and perfect posture and-"

"If it isn't Mr. Short-tempered, immature boy." His response shut you up pretty quick.

You scoffed, half amused, half offended. "I am not short-tempered!"

He raised his eyebrow, which was an already enough answer.

"Kids." The man spoke up, walking closer to his sister. "The suit fits, but there's something off..."

The female stylist nodded. "And that's why we have Mr. Hawthrone." She walked over to Grayson and stood him next to you. "Is it the hair?" She tapped her chin.

"Allow me." Grayson offered knowing they'd let him 'change' whatever was bothering them. He took your hands out of your pockets. He adjusted you shoulders. "Don't slouch." He told you, his hand still on your shoulder.

"Oh no, my bad. How could I ever do something so rebellious?" You stood up straight, just so you could get this over with.

Grayson looked at your once more with his sharp eyes, before his hand tilted up your chin a bit. He stepped back next to the stylists. You wouldn't believed he was one of them if you were told so.

He looked at the siblings, awaiting their thoughts.

"Better. Now we know this one has potential." The lady finally said something.

Her brother agreed. "Thank you for your assistance, Mr. Hawthrone."

"My pleasure." Grayson replied. That had to just be an automatic response, like when someone says 'how are you?' and you say 'I'm good.' Just something he says to keep up his little serious, generous composure the same.

You sighed, already tired of feeling too well dressed. "Can I get out of this now?"

"I suppose we can figure out what to do in a few days time." The sister offered to her brother.

"It would give us more time to narrow down our options." The man contemplated.

"We'll save the rest of your potential looks for the future." She answered you, basically saying that they were done.

______________________________

As you were walking down the hall, now in much more comfortable clothes, you spotted Avery, walking out of some room. You came to the conclusion she was in some sort of meeting by the pondering look on her face.

"Hey Ave!" You called, waving your hand. "I finally got out of that fashion show." No need being up Gray now, right?

"Oh hey, Y/n." Avery smiled and waved back.

"That made me wear some dumb suit." You felt the need to bring that up.

Avery put on a face of shock. "That should be written in a history book. 'Y/n wears something other than something comfortable for the first time in his life.'" She wrote on an invisible piece of paper.

"I've worn fancy stuff before. What are your talking about?" You laughed.

Avery raised her eyebrow. "You wore a black shirt with a suit printed onto paper and then you taped the paper to it." She gave you a look. "And it fell of to some point, so there was just the front of a suit on paper floating around somewhere."

"It was still fancy wasn't it?" You shrugged. "I'm pretty sure, no I know, I looked awesome in it."

"Nobody says 'awesome' anymore, Y/n."

"Lame." You sighed.

"No one uses 'lame' either."

"Stop trying to ruin my fun, or else I'll paint your chessboard all one color so I'd win." You weren't sure where'd you find the paint or if Avery even had a chess board.

"Yeah sure, you can't even beat me in a game of tic-tac-toe."

"You cheat and I know it Avery. You cheat, and I know it..." You accused, pointing your finger at her.

"You coming with me to the red will right? Tomorrow?" Avery asked you as she just remembered.

It wasn't even like you had any other plans now that your were in a whole new state with no other friend beside her and Xander. "Oh no, I'm extremely busy. You know? I have to fold plates, walk the fish, feed the laundry." You lifted a finger for each reason you lifted.

"Those can wait then." Avery played into your joke. "So wake up at a reasonable time." She pointed out the fact you'd oversleep instead of doing something productive for half of a day.

"You can't stop me if I'm getting partially better sleep here than my room." You raised both of your hands.

"I'll be knocking on your door then, Y/n."

"Don't be surprised if there's no answer." You thought of two reasons. "Either I'm dead or asleep. Good luck trying to figure out which one it is from outside from my room."

______________________

I wasn't really sure what to do for this chapter since, yet again, it stars Avery, and you guys already know what happened to her. AND HOW COME NO ONE ANSWERED MY QUESTION ABOUT IF THE AMOUNT OF GRAY AND YOU INTERACTIONS ARE GOOD LIKE... YALL BE ANSWERING WHAT OUTFIT YOU GUYS WANT. LITERALLY NEXT SUNDAY I HAVE TO GET TO SCHOOL AT 6:30 FOR A FIELD TRIP. IM JUST GONNA PULL AN ALL NIGHTER FRFR. IM SO FUCKING TIRED-

- Your fav author (>-0) ✮✮

(1260 words)