-- Chapter 26 --

Date posted: 2-4-2023

The "archive" was definitely something. Lights, shelves, and everything would appear fantastical for your younger self. You already knew the look on Avery's face would be somewhat either amazed or astonished, though there isn't much of a difference. Something that caught your attention was the girl with the red hair. Other than her and you and Avery, there was no one else in the library.

"Okay, tell me about these letters." You pulled out a seat for Avery, before sitting into yours.

She sat next to you. "Well, you already know about my letter. But not about Jameson's."

"Go on."

"His says-" Avery paused. She reached in her bag. "You should see for yourself." Avery took out a letter and handed it to you. 

You took the letter in your hand, and skimmed through it, before being confused, and reading it correctly.

"Look nothing made sense but the 'don't judge' part, that I got just fine." You handed her the letter back. You were surprised Jameson gave his letter to Avery so quickly, unlike Xander.

"I've memorized it. I only partially know what it means." She said, knowing you'd be a little concerned over the fact she memorized it. 

"Hey, I got a feeling that you're a little too focused in this." You said to Avery, who was staring intently at her letter and Jameson's.

"You sure?" Avery asked, finally looking up.

"Yeah of course, I'll just get some food since I didn't earlier." You stood from your seat, which accidentally created a loud noise moving on the wood. You hated chairs like that.

"I'll see you around then, Y/n?" Avery asked, taking her hands off her ears.

"You bet." You nodded.

Avery smiled, making you grin as well. You headed towards the door, prepared to get lost and lost again. The lunch period is probably almost over. Maybe you could find the cafeteria before lunch ends. You walked down a long hall, slowly spinning around like you were looking for some sign where the cafeteria was. 

"Shit, I'm lost." You continued wandering around the halls. You had never seen this area before. You've probably only been to 5% of the school so far anyways. 

You breathed in and sighed. At this point, you might as well get a trophy for your effort to get just a little bit of food. But instead of anything remotely close to food, all you saw was paintings and pictures, or maybe you couldn't differentiate pixels and paint strokes.

You looked down at the ground, walking not even sparing a glance at the photos. But when you looked up, you noticed that stupid blonde well-kept haircut. If you tried hard enough, maybe you could avoid him.

You quietly strolled down the right side of the hall. If you can get past him, then-

"Don't even try the avoiding act again, Mr. L/n." Grayson said, instantly freezing you in place. He was still a little salty about your earlier interaction.

You cursed under your breath. "Ah oh no, you caught me." You said in the most sarcastic tone ever, your hands on your chest and head.

Grayson would never say it, or understood why, but he was kind of appreciating you were acting the same way he remembered you. You may have been trying to tick him off, but at least you weren't ignoring him.

He faced you. "What are you even doing here?" He asked, now fully realizing you were in the school uniform. "I must say you look better in that outfit than whatever you call clothes before."