-- Chapter 20 --

Date posted: 1-23-2023

You woke up with a terrible feeling. Letting out a tired groan, you rubbed your head wishing you didn't have to get up. You laid on your back, breathing in and then breathing out. You throw off the covers. It felt nice finally wearing some other clothes. Avery then popped into your mind. You should check on Avery. You texted Alisa to send you the directions to Avery's room as you opened the door and walked out. Your eyes then laid on Grayson's door for a second before you looked at your phone to know how to get to Avery.

Xander ran into you on your way to Avery.

"Good morning, Y/n!" Xander smiled brightly, already seeming ready for anything. But there's no way anyone actually like the morning. 

"Morning." You tried hiding your exhausted-ness.

"Well, someone woke on the wrong side of bed." He humored, noticing how uneven and unkempt your hair was.

You ran your hand through your hair. "Sorry, I had trouble sleeping last night."

"Understandable, Grayson snores."

"You mean he actually does that?" That fact seemed to make your morning just a little better.

"Trust me." He patted his own shoulder. "He's not as perfect as you think he is." He winked at you.

"Who said I think he's perfect?" You replied, genuinely curious on how he got that conclusion.

Sure, he maybe attractive, and probably intelligent because of the way he talks. There was also his confidence like he never regretted a single action in his life. He could probably make a fall look like it was on purpose, and look good while doing it. His voice kind of soothed you a bit from last nights situation. And-

Xander snapped his fingers in front of your face. "Where are you heading?" He tilted his head.

"To Avery. I got some stuff I want to talk about with her." You answered.

"You think you can talk to me about it?" He didn't want to sound pushy.

"I'd rather not." You looked away from him.

"It's with you and Grayson, isn't it?" He boldly asked.

You snorted at his instant guess it had something to do with his brother. "Of course not. There's nothing going on between me and Grayson."

"Please as if, I know there's something going on."

"Keep dreaming, Xander." You reached up to his head to ruffle his hair.

Xander snickered when he felt your hand mess up his hair a bit. Which he fixed when you stopped. But he couldn't help but feel nosy when it came to you and his older brother.

You then noticed you made it to Avery's room.

"Well then I'll see you later, y/n!" Xander gave you an friendly smack on your back.

"Right." You gave him a thumbs up, so he wouldn't be worried if he hit you a little too hard.

Xander walked or more like skipped away.

You looked at him one more time to make sure he didnt end up falling on his face. You then knocked on the door.

"Avery?" You opened the door enough for your to step in.

You saw Avery and Alisa seeming to have been in a coversation before you arrived.

"Sorry, am I interrupting?" Your hand began reaching behind you for the door handle.

"No." Alisa said a little happy you were there. "You're just on time."

"What to you mean?" You hand rested to the side as you tilted your head.

"Avery will soon be attending Heights Country Day. You will be attending as well."

You looked to Avery, who get looked a little apologetic for you. "How come?" You never imagined you'd leave your home, and end being sent to a school. "I'm not exactly rich kid school type of guy." You tried to explain.

Why did you still have to go to school? Sure, you went to school back in Connecticut, but you weren't learning jack shit there. Plus, you were only one year younger than Grayson, and it didn't seem like he went to school. Otherwise, he probably just skipped it like Jameson.

"I assure you, you will not be needing to attend classes. You will only be there for her protection." Alisa stated.

"Doesn't she already have a bodyguard? Oren?"

"We need more of an undercover person, to make sure her identity will not be questioned. And if so, then I trust it'd be your main priority to get her out off there."

You tapped your chin. "So what would I do during her classes?"

"You are only required to be there during her passing period and breaks." Since teachers were there to overview when you weren't there.

"As long as I don't need to talk to anyone." You leaned you back against the door behind you.

Alisa smiled. "Wonderful." She had kind of expected you to be more resilient to going to a school as a fake student, but she wasn't complaining

"I'll leave you two to chat." Alisa nodded at both of you, before pushing the door open and leaving.

"Y/n?"

"Whats up, Ave?"

She rubbed the back of her neck. "I forgot to tell you what Grayson told me in the hotel."

You actually forgot as well.

She took a long pause. "He told me he believes I'm a con-woman, and I somehow manipulated his grandfather."

"That son of a bitch... no offense to his mom though."

"He hasn't talked to me in awhile though. has he done anything to you?"

"No... Of course not. Also don't check the news." That one photo appeared in your mind.

"What? Why?" She asked finding your last comment a little random.

"There's rude people out there." You broadly stated.

"I know?... Are you trying to hide something from me?"

"I have nothing to hide from you. Just looking out for you, Ave." You innocently smiled. Maybe you wouldn't tell her what happened last night, or what happened right before Grayson talked to Avery.

Anyways, HAVE A GOOD NIGHT/ GOOD MORNING/ GOOD EVENING/ GOOD AFTERNOON ladies [?] and gentlemen </3