-- Chapter 30 --

Date posted: 2-7-2023

You woke up feeling terrible. A few minutes just laying in bed. Not moving an inch. You didn't feel any motivation to get out.

"Y/n!" Someone knocked on your door. "Y/n!"

"Who is it?" You groaned.

"Open the door' amd you'll see."

You let out a heavy sigh as you got out of bed. You opened the door.

"Nash?" You said as you rubbed your eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"It's about Gray."

"And this bothers me how?"

"I'll make this short." Nash said, making sure you wouldn't shut the door. "He's been more distant than before. Since you two are... something, I thought you could get him to his regular self."

"Sorry, but got no clue how to do that. See you later." You waved before closing the door.

It might've been rude. You knew Nash only wanted to make his brother back to his somewhat normal self, but it wasnt your responsibility to do that. The flower painting on the wall shifted to the side. It wasn't Xander though, he would've tried to s are you first.

"What do you want, Jameson?"

"Wow, you're wonderful a guesser." Jameson moved the painting out of the way for him and sat down on a table.

"What is with this family and secret passages?" You recalled what Xander said the first day you met him. "Also, I'm not going to try and cheer up Gray."

Jameson's eyes widened at the fact you already knew why he arrived in your room. "Why not?"

"He has a problem with Avery and-"

"But not one with you."

"Shocking, and probably not true."

"Ah, just give it a try."

"Why should I?" You questioned. "He's your brother."

"Were you the one who gave Gray that flower?" Jameson asked randomly as if he was planning on making a point.

"No." You answered a little to quick.

"Mhm, sure. Well, that’s all here I came for." He began going back into behind the painting. The painting then shifted back to its original place.

"I don't see what Avery sees in that guy." You muttered.

"She sees something in me?"

"Jameson, I will climb through that painting and kick your ass."

"Point taken, see you." Jameson said before you finally heard footsteps getting distant.

Knowing that he can come in whenever he wants, isn't the safest feeling. You wondered how many other secret passageways are there.

Why must these hallways always be so complicated? It might as well be a maze. Ot always felt like a quest going to Avery's room. You would poke your head around the corners checking if no one was there before going. You wouldn't want to run into anyone.

"Are we sneaking around?" Someone whispered.

"Xander!" You nearly jumped as looked over your shoulder to see Xander peeking around the corner with you."o not come up behind me like that."

"Sorry, you just looked like you were having fun."

"No, I'm not 'sneaking around.'"

"Then just walk normally."