childhood friendship [Luclight]

It was Lights first day at his new school, he was in 1st grade, and didn't have any friends where he was going.
His mom dropped him and his sister, Alex off at their school, and made sure to give them their lunches.

"Don't worry light! You'll make some friends, and so will I!"

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely!"

Light smiles before getting breakfast, and running to his classroom, as he was a little late.
He put his bookbag up, and began to eat quickly. Light was multitasking, so he mainly focused on his word, which was probably beginner addition, and subtraction.

Light was sat at a table with two other kids. They got to know each other during free time.

"I'm Luca! And this is my brother Levi! We are a few months apart!"

"I'm light.. you guys are so tall!"

"No.. I'm sure you're just short."
Responded he, known as Levi.

Light looked at the ground, feeling ashamed of his height. Even though he was young, he thought he should be at least 6'0 by then, his dream of being tall.. never came true.

The days went on, and the three hung out more.
The three hung out with Alex at free-time, as Alex was in a different class.
Eventually only Luca, and light hung out.
The two would usually play in the mulch, or they'd play pirates.
Luca would usually be an evil pirate, while Light was the good one.

Though some days Luca would come in mad, and usually wouldn't talk to Light for the start of the day. The two got along very well, and even made a little handshake.

One day, the two were sitting in the grass, Luca was talking about a lot of things, while Light listened, and commented on those things.
A middle schooler of the neighboring school had escaped their school ground, and we're approaching the playground of the elementary school at alarming rates.
they walked up behind Light, picking him up by his hood, and taunting him and Luca.

"Look at how tiny it is! Ahahaha! Awww little baby man's gonna cry!"

Light kicked his legs, trying to break free from their grasp.

" Put my friend down! "

" Watchu gonna do tell the teacher? I'll send you into the brick wall kid. "

Luca, despite being so young, picked up the nearest, largest rock he could find, and threw it at their knee. The middle schooler fell to the ground, grabbing their knee in pain as they dropped Light.
Light rushed over to Luca, hugging him tightly.
The middle schooler limped back to his school, like the little baby they said light was, but in reality it was them.

"Yay! You did it!"

"It felt so good! I heard a snap.. I HOPE I BROEK HIS KNEE AHHAHA!!"

"You scare me sometimes.."

"You're the one who likes haunted stuff"

" Yeah well, you talk about lots of mean things! "

Light let go of Luca, crossing his arms and looking upwards, and slightly off to the side.
Luca just walked off, crossing his own arms as well.

The next day, the kids entered their classroom once more, today was a field trip day, and each person would be given a partner. everyone got to choose their partner, of course Light, and Luca went as partners.
They explored the place, Luca even convinced Light to sneak off into a staff room.
Light mostly admired the little things, such as rocks with magnifying things, or something antique, while Luca admired the larger things, like fossils, or large animal replicas.
At lunch, the two found a place to sit , and began to eat.

"Hey Light, my mom got me something gross you like.. can we trade?"

" Sure! You can have these. "

The two traded some of their food, until they were happy with their lunch. The two ate, and ate, until it was time to leave.
Once the school buses arrived back at the school, it had already been time to go home .
The two said their goodbyes, as Light walked to his car with Alex, and Luca walked back to his and Levi's house.

That's about all this head has, I saw how much success the first chapter got [Luclight] so I decided to do it again for a test.
Have a great day, and some coffee ☕ or some tea 🍵<3