Clio

What the actual......?

It takes me a moment to realize what's going on, but by then, my body is already curving closer to his to get more of his kiss. And, surprisingly, it feels good. I force my eyes open, trying to keep my mouth clamped shut, but my body and brain are fighting against each other.

I put my hands on his chest to push him away, but the warm skin on my bare hands has me bringing him closer.

Get it together, Clio! It's JACE. He just called you a fatass for God's sake. Come ON.

My subconcious stirs, lettting me know this isn't right. "Jace," I say, but it's more like a little moan than anything. It only encourages him. His lips move from my mouth down to the side of my neck, and right onto my collarbone.

"Jace, quit," I growl, pushing him away.

His hands tighten around my waist. "Relax and enjoy it, Clio," he mumbles.

"No."

I swallow, fighting because my body is responding way too eagerly. "Jace, I said stop!" I yell, pushing him away from me.

It's a weak push by all means, but he looks shocked, scared even. His eyes are wide and dazed. "Clio," he says, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Clio." It's a sigh.

I blink. "Jace? Are you okay?" He looks sick to his stomach. "Am I really that ugly?" I joke.

"Clio...." He blinks, shaking his head. "Clio?"

"Yes, it's me. All of me. All 175 pounds of me, Jace." I grab his hands off my shoulders, concerned. My first real kiss with tongue and everything, and it's good enough to make a boy lose his mind.

Nice.

He takes a deep, shuddery breath. In one swift motion, he removes his hands from mines and punches the wall, way too close to my head.

"FUCK," he growls, glaring at me, but he's pale and trembling.

"Are you--"

"Don't talk to me, Tina, or so help me God!"

"Tina? Jace, it's me. Clio." I wave my hand in front of his face, concerned.

He gives me a disgusted look. "I can't believe I kissed a fatass bitch like you, Clio." He turns and walks away.

I throw my hands into the air.

What even.  

<3 <3 <3

Asking your best friend who's in a great relationship for love advice can be so annoying.

"So.... You made him hallucinate?" Lai asks, flipping through a magazine on my bed. "Sorry, but Seventeen doesn't explain to me what that means."

I give her a dark look that she doesn't see because her head is bent. "Seriously, Lai!"

"I AM serious, hoe. I've never heard that one before....maybe he's schizo?"

I fall back on the bed. I'm sure Jace is still locked inside his room, contemplating ending his life because he kissed me. Which is stupid. If anybody should complain, it's ME. "Lai, honestly, I'm so embarrassed."

"Did you enjoy it?" she asks, looking up briefly.

I don't answer at first. Enjoy it? Hell, I'm pretty sure I'd be willing to give up a pint of blood for another one.

"Don't lie to me, chica, I can see it all in your hormone-filled eyes." She closes the magazine and looks at me. "You wanna know what I think?"

"You're gonna tell me anyway."

She shrugs. "Jace likes you. But something happened to him, made him not want to like women like that. And it has something to do with that Tina girl."

I put a pillow over my face and groan. "I don't like Jace, though. He's an asshole to me."

Lai tilts her head to the side. "You don't like him? Hun, it's time you stop lying to yourself."

"Oh whatever." I don't like Jace. "I lust after him. Not like. I want his body, not his personality."

"Doubt it."

I stretch across my bed, not wanting to even face her. Or respond to her comment. I can't like Jace. Not only is not right, but it's also unhealthy. 

There are no buts in this situation either.

I grab a hand full of veggie chips, stuffing them in my mouth. I might as well become fat so I know that guys won't like me for my body instead of facing up to the fact that I'm a horrible person with a bad personality.  "Lai, why don't boys like me?"

"Because you live with ten plus guys on any given day, and, really, what boy actually wants to meet the whole family? A dad is bad enough. But thirteen boys? Oh no. Not ever."

I heave a sigh. "But, I mean, I'm cute.... right?"

"Of course. It also doesn't help that you look like you're, like, thirteen when you don't wear make-up."

"How old do I look with make-up?"

"Like a thirteen year old trying to look older." Her face is completely devoid of any emotion before she bursts into laughter.

I swing a pillow at her, laughing. "Your jokes ain't even funny!" I wipe the tears from laughing out of my eyes, though.

She gives me a look. "Please. You're thirteen. Don't you still laugh at sex jokes and flatuence?"

"Flatuence?"

 "It means fart, dumbass."

I giggle. "Hehe, you said fart!" 

"I swear to God, Clio, if you aren't four dimes short of fifty cents....."