DEYANIRA ~ 14

Some people are just beautifully wrapped in boxes of shit

Some people are just beautifully wrapped in boxes of shit. One of those people is my father, and I'm even ashamed to call him my father.

He may look handsome and clean however underneath all that he is a cruel person who doesn't care about other people's fealings.

At first I thought Alfonso was the best dad in the world but when I turned five he became the worst dad in the world.

He stopped tucking me into the bed, he stopped giving me hugs and kisses, he stopped playing with me, he stopped calling me his princess.

He became a monster I didn't know existed. He would shout at me for the smallest mistakes I made. He also wanted me to be perfect.

He hired people to teach me how to sit like lady, how to eat like a lady, how to play the piano, how to cook, how to clean and many other things. He even made me drop out of school when I was in grade twelve.

I hate doing stuff like that. I love playing soccer and I wanted to be a soccer player but Alfonso crushed that dream. Since he has connections he somehow managed to get ne rejected from every soccer Academy that I had applied to.

One day I was almost beaten to death in front of his eyes. Alfonso just watches as some men just beat me and he didn't even bother to help me.

That day I cried so much. That was the day I stopped loving my father. That was the day I stopped seeing him as my father. That was the day my everlasting hate for him started.

Right now, looking at my long lost cousin I envy her. I wish I was the one who was sent away so that I could not have grown up in this family.

" Carmen, right?" Kendra asked whilst feeding some pasta to her younger daughter.

" Yes" I answered in a small voice.

" Nice name" she commented making me blush.

" Thank you"

" So, what major are you doing?" I wanted to lie to her because I'm embarrassed that I'm not in uni or college however I decided otherwise.

" I'm not in college"

" Oh! Why?"

" Because my da- dad refused for me to further my studies. He said that I'm a woman and women should stay at home enjoying their husband's wealth"

" And do you agree with him?" I quickly shook my head no. I'm slightly offended that she even asked me that question.

" No, I think he is messed up in the head and that he still lives in the 1700s"

" Aah! So why don't you just leave? You are old enough to fend for yourself"

" Alfonso would catch her either way and do something I would rather not imagine" Cameron said in a sad tone.

" I hate Alfonso too. He almost raped my brother and sister. Do you know about that?"

Cameron gasped in shock, "What!? I didn't know Alfonso could do sucj a horrible thing. He needs to be stopped before he gets the chance to actually do it"

" I agree with that Cameron and what do you suggest we do?" Kendra asked looking directly into Cam's eyes. Cameron hates eye contact, it makes her nervous and fidgety.

" I d-dont k-know"

" Well I want to kill your father and since you two seem like nice people I will ask for your permission. Can I kill Alfonso?"

" Sure" I answered unbothered. Cameron, on the other hand, looked horrified.

" Alfonso is very dangerous Kendra. He has disgustingly secure protection and if you don't manage to kill him then he will kill you so no you can't kill him" Cameron answered.

" Then I will have to kill you" Kendra said with a creepy smile.

" W-what?"

" Since you now know that I want to kill Alfonso you might tell him so I have to kill you"

" No N-no, I won't tell him I p-promise. You can k-kill him I-if you want t-to" Cameron was a whole statturing mess and if we were in another situation I would've laughed hard.

" Now that wasn't so hard, was it?"

" N-no"

" Good, let's get to know each other since we are cousins"

" You are a psychopath" Cameron muttered.

" So I've been told"