DEYANIRA~31

"Cheers to executing the first step to taking down Alfonso," Dante cheered

"Cheers to executing the first step to taking down Alfonso," Dante cheered. He seemed a bit...off but I just pushed the thought aside.

"Cheers!!"

"So, what is our next step?" Cameron asked after everyone had settled down.

"We wait," said Dante. His eyes glowed with murder and anger. "I've worked with Alfonso long enough to know that he is planning to physically hurt the mastermind of the group, Kendra, so that he can mentally hurt us."

"And why would he think I'm the mastermind of this whole thing?" I inquired.

"Because this whole 'make Alfonso pay' thing started when you arrived," he said like it was the most obvious thing on this planet.

"Are you okay?" Elijah asked his brother, patting his shoulder. I'm glad he noticed that there is something off about him too.

"I'm fine," he replied, aggressively swatting his hand away.

"Okay."

I noticed that Dante has not been himself since the we arrived at this restuarent

Is seems as if something upset him and it has driven him to want to kill Alfonso.

"Are you okay?" I asked, patting his shoulder.

"I'm fine,"he replied, aggressively swatting my hand away.

"Okay." My phone vibrated indicating that someone was calling me. "Excuse me." I said, standing up from my seat.

I walked out of the restuarent to take the call.

"Elijah D'Andrea speaking." I answered.

"I didn't think you would answer the call. But I'm glad you did." I recognised the voice immediately. It was Alfonso.

"What do you want?" I asked, bitterness evident in my tone.

This guy hurt me more than you can imagine and I hate myself for not standing up to him. I hate that he easily intimidated me and he still does intimidate me to this day.

"Now that's no way to talk to your uncle, son."

"Don't call me son." I said through gritted teeth. I was trying to be as calm as possible but hearing Alfonso's voice made it impossible to do so.

"Listen here, Elijah. You, of all people, know what I'm capable of and you still allow your little shit of a sister to mess with me. If you don't tell her to stop this whole thing then I'm going to kill your girlfriend. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about." I could hear the smirk in his voice when he uttered that last sentence.

"Who the fuck told you about that?" No one but Dante knows that I have a girlfriend unless...

"I'm sure you know who told me that. So, choose your battles wisely, son." He spat out before ending the call.

How could Dante betray our trust like this? I really thought he had changed but it's true when they say people don't change.

I'm so stupid for trusting Dante after all the shit he did to me. I don't know how Draco forgave him for what he did but I don't think I will ever be able to forgive him.

Dante is a selfish and heartless jerk who only thinks about himself. And he was when he said he ruined this family, because he did. And there is no coming back from this.

I got into my car and drove to Alessia's, my girlfriend, house. I need to know if she is safe and not hurt.

Alessia and I met five years. She was struggling to get a job and I offered her one as my assistant. That's how our relationship started.

I hooted when I got to her house. She opened the gate for me and I quickly rushed inside the house after packing my car.

"Hey babe," she greeted, with a fake smile on her face. "How was your da—"

"What happened?" I demanded to know, interrupting her question.

"Nothing, why?" She lied. I walked closer to her and stopped when we only inches apart.

"Don't lie to me." I threatened. "Cause if I find out what happened, it won't be good for you. Now you have one last chance to tell me what happened."

"Fine." Alessia sighed. "A man came by earlier on and threatened to kill me if you continued with whatever shit you were doing. He told me to tell you to choose your battles wisely."

"I'm so sorry, babe. I promise I will fix all this and he will never come back here again. Okay?"

"I was so scared, Elijah. He came here with big scary men in black and they were holding guns." Tears welled up in her eyes making me even angrier at Dante and Alfonso.

"It's okay, Angel. I'm here now." I comforted, pulling her into a tight hug. Which I needed more that she needed.

"I love you, Elijah, but I hope you get your shit together cause I'm not gonna die because of you and your asshole family."

I couldn't help but laugh at that statement. "Not everyone is my family is an asshole. But you are right and I am going to fix this. I promise."

"I know. And I said I love you." She looked up at me expectantly.

"I love you too, Angel." I said. " And I'm hungry." I added.

"Good cause I made chicken Alfredo. Sit and I will dish up for you."

God, I love her and if anything happens to her, I will kill Dante.