Part-9

Virat sat there patting her head lightly as it was calming her in sleep. He stared at her, the dried tears, broke his heart. Tears escaped his eyes.

Mahi put his hand on his shoulder and blinked his eyes conveying she will be fine he is there with them and Harshad would be behind bars soon.

Virat just hugged him by his waist and buried his face in it. Mahi tried to console him somehow.

"What happened? Why was she crying?" Virat asked.

"We had gone to that coffee shop which is a few blocks away. I went to order coffee for us and at that time Harshad came and tried to take her with him."

"He was here? He has the guts to actually come here and try and kidnap her? He is going to pay for this. Very soon!"

"Yes Cheeku, he will have to. He can't get away after he hurts her emotionally and physically."

"Haan bhai. Thank you Bhai for being there for her."

"Always Cheeku, why won't I?" Saying he again took him in a hug. It calmed Virat down.

After half an hour Aarya woke up. Virat checked for fever and it was still there.

"Water." She said trying to get up. Virat quickly helped her.

Virat quickly helped her get up and sit and handed a glass of water.

"Better?" Virat asked. She nodded.

After she was aware of her surroundings,

"Mahi?"

"Yes?"

"Are you okay?"

"What happened to me?"

"He punched you na? Is it hurting?" She said with concern in her eyes. Mahi felt warm hearing the concern she has.

"Oh that, it's fine and not hurting, don't worry." He said softly with a smile on his face.

"Sure?"

"Yes pakka!" He said

"He is so gonna pay for this!" Virat said dangerously.

"No no bhai, please don't do anything to him, or na he would hurt you Mahi and Ro just like....."

Virat and Mahi noticed that Aarya was lost leaving the convo in half. She had started shivering to which Virat took her into a hug. Mahi sat on the other side rubbing her palms a bit.

"Just like.. kya bacha? What are you trying to say?", Virat asked after a min.

Aarya was lost in her own thoughts,

"Harshad pls don't..", she cried in agony and pain as he slapped her again.

"Pls Harshad", she pleaded.

"Why should I stop? Why? Whom were you trying to call? Ur idiot brother! That Bastard", Harshad said angrily slamming her phone and slapped her again only to send her into unconsciousness.

"AARYA!!!!", a voice got her out of her thoughts.

Virat was shaking her to get her back to present as she was shivering.

She looked at Virat with fear clear in her eyes.

"What's bothering you kiddo?"
She kept quite and said nothing.

"Kiddo, tell your bhai what's bothering you, don't keep it to yourself. Say kiddo!"

"Bhaii..." She started.

"Yes kiddo? Say. Open up!"

"Bhai, during those days, Harshad used to beat me, he hurt me alot. I tried calling you but couldn't. Everytime I tried Harshad used to beat me. I craved for your love and care. I missed you so bad. I wanted to be with you, I never forgot you! It was......it was very traumatic. I craved for you being there!" She said breaking down and crying.
Mahi got up to leave to give them space, but Aarya held his hand and told him not to leave her through her eyes.

Virat hugged her tightly trying to calm her down. She cuddled with Virat and held Mahi's hand, it was calming her down, his touch his presence.

Virat rubbed her back to calm her down. After what felt like an eternity she calmed down! He wiped her tear stricken face and made her drink water. Mahi noticed Virat's guilty look on his face even though he was not at fault.

"Bacha I am sorry for not being there for you when you needed. Sorry for leaving you alone. I am really sorry!" He apologized for being absent from her life.
She kept quiet and didn't say anything, which made Virat sad as he started thinking she also considers him responsible for her condition.

She was crying still.

"Calm down bacha! I am here na now! I am not leaving you alone bacha!" He said trying to calm her down. But she was still crying.

"Bacha! I am here na now, don't cry kiddo!" He tried again patting her head lightly. She nodded at it but was still crying.

"Look your brother is here with you na now! He won't leave your side ever! He is there for you always. Calm down! You are safe here with your bhai, he can't touch you or us! Don't cry now, or you will fall sick!" He said softly, to which she calmed down a bit.

Virat felt a bit bad about it. He got up and went in the balcony. Mahi thought to calm her down first and then go talk to him.

As Virat entered the balcony he sat on the chair staring at the sky. Tears formed in his eyes. He was feeling something different seeing her calm down in Mahi's presence which he couldn't voice out.

"It's okay! It's Mahi Bhai only. He is so understanding that she is calming down in his presence. It's just him. Anyone would calm down in his presence." He tried to convince himself.

Mahi made Aarya drink some water and assured her that they are going to be there with her always and she is not alone. She nodded to it and then she slept due to excessive crying and stress. He covered her with sheets, and wiped her tears and went to the balcony making sure she was okay.

When he entered the balcony he saw Virat staring at the sky having sad expression. He went and sat beside him and took his hand in his.

"Cheeku?" He called softly.
He turned to see Mahi looking at him having a concerned expression on his face. He turned his face.

"Cheeku? Look at me kiddo!" He said turning his face towards him and wiped those tears.

"She will be fine kiddo! We are there na with her. You are there with her. She will be fine. We will get her out of this!"

"Bhaii.." he started

"Yes kiddo!"

"I am such a bad brother Bhai! I couldn't be there for her when she needed me the most. I let her suffer there when she craved for me. I am a bad brother, that she is not opening up to me, she is considers me responsible for her situation. I am so bad." He said breaking down. Mahi took him in a hug.

"No kiddo, you are not a bad brother. You are the best brother one could get. Stop blaming yourself. She is in trauma na. She doesn't consider you responsible, she never will. You didn't know about her condition, you would have gone na if you would have known?" He nodded to that.

"Then? You didn't let her suffer kiddo. She loves you bacha! Don't blame yourself."

"But Bhai, I knew he is not the correct guy, I could have checked on her, but I didn't, instead I stopped talking to her and she needed me the most. As a brother I am not able to do anything, I am feeling so helpless Bhai!" He said crying. Mahi felt sad and hurt seeing his kid in pain.

"You trust me na?"

"Yes bhai!"

"Then trust me on this she will be fine. Maybe it's her guilt that is stopping her from opening up to you! Give her sometime and she will be fine! Okay kiddo?"

"Yes bhai!"

"Now let's go inside and sit with her or she will feel alone and might panic."
They went inside and sat beside her. Virat stroked her hair lovingly.

Here is the update!!!!
Sorry for being late!!!! Hope you liked it!!

DO VOTE AND COMMENT!!!