Part-26

Aarya looked up at him from the hug. Mahi cupped her cheeks and carrassed it with his thumb and stared at her with so many emotions in his eyes. The girl he loved with all his heart is in his arms, acknowledging his love for her and reciprocating that love!

"Aaru, thank you for this greatest gift! I love you so much!" He said in the hug with tears in his eyes. He kissed her forehead softly.

"I thought about it, everytime you were there as a support, calming me down during panic attacks or nightmares, dealing with me keeping your patience, even without saying anything your presence gave me support, your presence made me calm. When I had to give the statement you gave me that support I needed even though I hurt you! I know you were hurt, but still you shielded me, did not let me fall weak!" Aarya said tears flowing from her eyes.

"Aarya, I promise to be there for you always, protect you! I love you that words can't express! Aaru, today I feel the luckiest person." He said gently wiping her tears and broke the hug.

They sat at a beautifully set table facing the sea, with all his favourite dishes.

"She has put so much thought into arranging this!" He thought.

"These are my favourite ones!" Mahi exclaimed

"I know! There is one more!"

"One more?"

"Yes Mahi!"
She signalled the waiter.

Waiter came with chocolate cake.

"Happy Birthday Mahi!"

"Thank you so much Aaru!"

He gave a broad smile looking at the cake! He loved cake plus it was chocolate!

"I love this! Thank you for everything!"

"You deserve all love and happiness Mahi!" Aarya said.

"Wanna go for a stroll on the beach?" Mahi asked once they were done eating

"Sure!"

They walked by the water's edge, the waves lapping their feet! Mahi held Aarya's hand and entwined the fingers.

"Mahi?"

"Yes?"

"Sorry for ignoring you in the morning!"

"Hey, it's okay please don't say sorry! I know why you did that!"

"But you were hurt, it was killing me to do that but I had to!"

"I know! You don't need to be sorry!" He said kissing on her hairs.

"By the way, the shirt looks good on you!"

"Thank you! Cheeks told me to wear!"

"I told! I bought it! I figured this would look best on you!"

"You did?"

"Yes!"

"Oh my God! Thank you so much! The watch, this shirt, I love it! I am gonna preserve them!"
Aarya smiled.

"In the morning when you saw me give a bag to Rah, it was this shirt! I never gave anything to Rah!"

"Why give it to him?"

"I saw you staring at us, I thought of irritating you a bit!" She said chuckling.

"And you were successful in it!"

"Yes, Rah told me you were asking about it and I noticed you getting worked up!"

"Huh?"

"I was gonna irritate you more but then I thought let's not irritate this poor thing further, let's show some mercy!" She said in a teasing tone.