《Tattoo》The first date - Pt. 1

A first date was always so exciting. Yet nerve wracking as well. It was the perfect time to get to know each other better. And if all went well, maybe some more dates could be planned in the future.

It had been since high school since Nabi went on a first date. Then, she was very new to relationships. It wasn't even easy to keep a friendship strong with all the drama that tend to happen.

Nabi had gotten older. She went through a very hard breakup, withholding her from giving another guy a chance. But it all changed when he met him.

She had been rejecting many guys who asked her out on a date. They were too straightforward and a little pushy at times. Nabi didn't want a guy who wouldn't have respect for her.

So, when Nabi met Changbin, she could tell he was different. He seemed nervous when he approached her, stumbling on his words. Changbin just told her that if she would let him, he would love to get to know her. And if she didn't want to go on a date with him, he would still like to be friends with her.

Without any hesitation, Nabi agreed on going out with him. They exchanged phone numbers so they could plan their date. And when Changbin thought he was out of view, Nabi saw his little exclamation of happiness.

Changbin would take Nabi to Gwangjang Market. It was an unusual date idea, yet Nabi was sure she would enjoy it a lot. The market was the ideal place for a foodie like her.

The weather outside was perfect. It wasn't cold and the sun was shining brightly. Here and there, clouds were visible in the blue sky.

As outfit, Nabi made the choice on wearing something comfortable. Yet, she wanted to make sure to look like someone who would be going on a date. So, no to sweats. Skinny jeans was the best option.

After putting on some light make-up and adjusting her hair, Nabi was ready to leave.

Changbin was already waiting for her at the entrance of the market. Nabi was relieved to know she wasn't underdressed. He seemed to have the same idea of outfit. He looked great, he definitely impressed Nabi.

"Hi. You look great!"

Nabi smiled at the compliment. Changbin definitely knew how to make her feel comfortable around him. His sweet and gentle smile gave her a sense of safety.

"You're looking great as well. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little nervous."

So they wouldn't hold anyone up at the entrance, they slowly walked through the path between small stalls and stands of food. Changbin had been at the market before, so he knew where to look for the best meals.

"I know how you feel. I'm usually not the type of guy who would ask a girl out."

Nabi could tell the day Changbin asked her out. She was happy to know that he went out of his comfort zone to talk to her. As it made Nabi leave her comfort zone as well.

"So... What do you do in life?"

Changbin wanted to get to know Nabi better, all the little things she could think of and wanted to share with her. He would do the same if she asked him questions, about his life.

"I'm still in university. I'm aiming to receive my bachelor degree in finance. So, I can help my parents once I'm graduated as insurance manager alongside the one they have now."

Nabin was very ambitious and had her mind set on this type of degree and career. Her parents were very proud of her. However, Nabin knew many guys wouldn't want to date anyone who had their future planned. They would look at her as boring.

"How long until you're graduated? Your parents must be happy knowing you want to help with the business."

Fortunately, Changbin was open to everything. He wouldn't dare judging someone by their career choices, their future. Because he didn't want anyone to judge his.

"Two years, at least I hope so. My parents keep telling me they don't want to force me, so I would say they're happy I still want to."

Changbin stopped at one of the stalls, asking Nabin if she wanted to have some bindaetteok* to start with. She agreed as he bought some for the two of them. Nabi admired the way he talked to the old lady owning the stall. No matter who Changbin was talking to, he was so kind hearted to anyone.

The ajumeoni said something to Changbin that made him fluster. And when Nabi asked him, he told her the ajumeoni was complimenting the two of them, how she thought they were a cute couple.

"This is really good. I would think you've been here before."

Nabi enjoyed her bindaetteok, a smile on her face when Changbin did as well. His full cheeks when eating made him more squishy than he already seemed.

"I might have come here a lot with my grandparents and my older sister. I have great memories here."

The rest of their date, they tried many different foods. There didn't seem to come an end to it. Nabin told Changbin a lot about her and the people around her. In exchange, Changbin would share many details about his life and his family.

When Changbin told her he was a tattoo artists, Nabi didn't want to believe him at first. So, he showed her some pictures of the tattoos he designed and put on people.

Sadly, their date came to an end. Nabi wanted to be home before dark. She didn't feel safe walking home in the dark and it was too soon to let Changbin walk her home. She trusted him, but Nabi wanted to be careful anyway.

"I've had a great time, today. I'm happy you brought me here."

Nabi didn't know how to end this. What did Changbin expect to happen? She didn't believe in a first kiss on a first date. And she knew most guys would want more than just a kiss.

Fortunately, Changbin just embraced her. A small gesture with many meanings. It made Nabi blush, luckily hidden away from the make-up on her cheeks.

"I'll text you? Maybe, we can go on another date soon?"

Changbin was hopeful, yet he would understand if Nabi would rather want them to be friends. He wouldn't mind at all.

"I'm looking forward to it already."

And with that, Nabi said her goodbyes and walked towards her home with a heart skipping a beat. She didn't regret going on a date with Changbin as Nabi could see many more of them with him.

*bindaettok = crispy pancakes

Let me know your thoughts! I hope this ending isn't weird, I seem to be getting worse in my writing as the story progresses.

So, leave your comments and maybe a votes. And look forward to a next mini story! ^-^