I might stay

Parties had always been something Nabi avoided as much as she could. Sometimes however, her friends were able to convince her. This night was one of those times. Nabi wasn't looking forward to it at all, yet she made sure to dress to impress. As long as strange guys would leave her alone.

At the club, Nabi found some familiar faces, her male friends. She met Chan and Changbin at the fitness centre. As they were working out, Nabi was getting read to teach a yoga class. To her surprise, they wanted to join. A few days later and she met their friends who now are hers as well.

Nabi's friend Sujin promised to never leave her side. But the promise had been broken fast as Sujin was dancing with their other friends on the dancefloor. Nabi was left alone at the bar. Fortunately, Changbin had decided to keep her company instead.

"Are you alright? I know parties at nightclubs aren't really your favourite."

Nabi hummed in response even if Changbin couldn't hear. Loud music was playing so he had leaned in closer to say something. If it wasn't for the lights and crowded spaces, Nabi would think she was blushing furiously from the close distance between her and Changbin

"Would you like to ditch with me?"

Nabi lighted up at those words, grabbing onto Changbin's arm to pull him away from the bar. Pushing through the crowd of people, Nabi could feel Changbin's body close to hers.

Finally outside, Nabi felt free again. No loud music blasting through her ears and no more strangers surrounding her, invading her privacy.

"Where will we go?"

Nabi looked up at Changbin, who was only a little taller than her. She wasn't holding his arm, instead he had grabbed her hand. Electricity ran through her body once she noticed it.

Changbin halted a taxi, letting go of Nabi's hand. This saddened her, only she didn't make it known to him. Changbin told the driver to take them to his place, where the two of them could be alone. As he lived alone. Nabi looked through the window and watched he streets being illuminated by streetlights. Unaware Changbin was staring at her.

When the taxi stopped at the destination, Changbin paid the driver and helped Nabi out of the car. She followed him inside the building as they took the elevator to his floor. Changbin put in his code on the keypad and let Nabi inside first. She had been at his apartment before but always with their friends and never alone

Nabi took a seat on the couch as Changbin disappeared into a room. She was a little uncomfortable as her dress kept riding upwards, so she always had to pull it back down. As if Changbin knew, he came back with sweatpants and a hoodie. She excused herself and headed into the bathroom, changing into his clothes.

"I'm sorry if I ruined your night."

It was never Nabi's intention to take Changbin away from the nightclub party. She was grateful he wanted to take her away, however. Although he really didn't have to. Changbin could have stayed and enjoyed his night instead.

"You haven't ruined anything. I don't need to be at a party to enjoy my night. Your company is more than enough."

Nabi sat back down while Changbin put on a movie for them to watch. This was definitely so much better than being at a overcrowded nightclub with drunk people and extremely loud music.

While the movie played, Changbin was quite aware by how close Nabi was. She made sure to get comfortable as she leaned into Changbin's side. His attention on the movie completely disappeared because of it. Nabi wasn't aware of it at all, until the movie suddenly got paused by Changbin. She was happy he did, because she wasn't really in a mood to watch one.

Nabi looked to her side at Changbin who was already staring back at her. They didn't exchange a word. His gaze went from looking into her eyes to staring at her lips. The distance between them got smaller. Right when Nabi believed Changbin would kiss her, he moved away.

What just happened?

Changbin got up from the couch, annoyed at himself for getting carried away. He didn't want to make Nabi uncomfortable. But the desire to kiss her had gotten stronger ever since he saw her at the club. There, everyone around them disappeared.

"I should go home."

Nabi got up and headed towards the door. She didn't know what had gotten into Changbin. Was he trying to play with her feelings? Maybe this was all a bet. Even if Nabi knew he wasn't like that, it just felt that way.

But she couldn't leave. Pinned against the door she looked up at Changbin. He closed the distance, only this time he brushed his lips against Nabi's. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest as he looked her in the eyes.

Changbin was waiting for permission, not wanting to break boundaries and risk Nabi feeling uncomfortable. But when she put her palm on his chest and her other hand reached the back of his neck, he leaned in closer and kissed her.

As soon as their lips met and Changbin finally kissed her, Nabi smiled and kissed him back. He was gentle while his hand cupped her cheek. His other hand was resting on her waist.

"I think I might stay."