Happy Valentine's Day - Special

Valentine's day. The one day Nabi hated the most. All of her girl friends were happily celebrating this special day with their boyfriends or girlfriends. But she was single and so, Valentine's day was just another reminder of it.

Nabi had gone to the store and bought some hot chocolate mix and a big tube of ice cream. She made herself a hot cocoa when someone knocked on the door. Opening the door, a familiar face greeted her. Changbin, one of her best guy friends.

But when Nabi took a good look at Changbin, she realized something was wrong. And seeing it was a day for couples to celebrate their love for one another, Nabi could immediately guess what's wrong.

"I'm sorry for coming over so unexpected, but I didn't know where else to go."

Nabi immediately let him inside. Changbin was supposed to be out celebrating with his girlfriend of two years. So, Nabi had a feeling something came up.

"I made plans with Jae to celebrate today. When I got to her place so I could pick her up, she just... She broke up with me and then left with this guy who was in her apartment."

From the way Changbin explained the whole story, Nabi could tell he was confused by it all. And honestly, she was too. She didn't understand how anyone could do something like this on Valentine's day.

Nabi went inside the kitchen and gave Changbin the cup of hot cocoa she had made for herself. He needed it the most anyway.

"Do you want ice cream?"

Changbin chuckled, nodding his head. So, Nabi went inside her kitchen and came back with the ice cream and two spoons. She never thought she would have company on Valentine's day. But Nabi cared about Changbin and she hoped to get his mind away from Jae.

They enjoyed the ice cream and reminisced about their time in high school when they first met. Nabi was working on a project with Chan at some point. They got along really well, so he introduced her to his friends. That's when she met Changbin.

Nabi had seen him around school multiple times, so when they met, she was surprised by how gentle he was. Changbin wasn't the scary guy everyone made him seem to be. They had gotten close and so, became best friends.

After graduating from high school, Changbin met Jae. Nabi didn't see him much anymore, but they would text occasionally. Then one day, Jae reached out to Nabi and told her to back off. Jae was jealous. She didn't like how close Nabi was with Changbin. Even threatened her. But, it didn't faze Nabi at all.

Changbin looked down at his phone, sighing heavily when a notification popped up from Jae's Instagram. She posted a picture of her on a date with the guy. Reading the comments, all of Jae's friends hyped her up. They congratulated her for finally breaking things off with Changbin.

Because of the post, Changbin received many messages from his friends. They wanted to know what was going on. He only told Nabi what happened.

"Is it too soon to tell you I'm happy she's out of your life? I know she made you happy, but... There's something I never told you."

Changbin looked at Nabi. It was too soon. When he appeared in front of Nabi's apartment, he expected her to be understanding. But he was wrong. Yet, he let Nabi explain.

"She threatened me to stay away from you."

Nabi had this feeling she was the reason why Jae broke up with Changbin. Nabi never stayed away from him, because she cared about their friendship.

Changbin didn't say anything. He always knew Jae was jealous whenever he talked to girls. Especially Nabi. Jae was very possessive over him. But he never stayed away from Nabi, even though it was something Jae wanted.

"She told me to stay away from you, too. I guess... You're right. I should be happy. I should have broken up with Jae as soon as she asked me to choose her over you."

Nabi was surprised by how quickly Changbin changed his mood. She thought he would need time to move on. But, he already did.

They eventually stopped talking about the breakup and Jae as she wasn't worth their time. Changbin even posted on Instagram as well with a picture of him and Nabi. The caption explaining he joined Nabi's 'Fuck Valentine's day' club.

They were in the middle of watching a movie when Nabi fell asleep. She accidentally had fallen asleep with her head on Changbin's lap. When it happened, he couldn't help but focus on Nabi instead of the movie. Without thinking, he carefully let his fingers comb through her hair. Until he fell asleep as well.

Nabi was the first one to wake up. She sat up from shock when she realized her position. Changbin was still asleep, so she hoped he didn't know what happened.

Turning off the TV, Nabi looked at Changbin who was mumbling something. He must be dreaming of something. Nabi smiled as he seemed so peaceful. She still couldn't believe anyone would play with Changbin's heart. Anyone should be lucky enough to have someone like Changbin care about them.

Nabi walked inside the kitchen, preparing two hot cocoas. One for her and the other for Changbin once he woke up. She hummed a song, unaware of Changbin inside the kitchen as well since he had woken up.

He watched her for a while before deciding to scare her. Changbin walked towards her as quiet as he was able to be. But then, Nabi turned around and immediately was hit by a firm surface. She stumbled backwards when she felt two hands on her waist.

Somehow, Nabi was pinned between Changbin and the kitchen counter. He didn't move away to give her some space. Nabi looked up at Changbin. He was staring at her, analysing her when his eyes lingered on her lips. Nabi's breathing became heavy, a silent squeal escaping her lips when Changbin kissed her.

Nabi didn't really understand how all of this happened, but she leaned into his touch and kissed Changbin back. He wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up so she would be sitting on the counter. Her arms were around his neck, pulling him closer towards her. Nabi could feel Changbin smile.

Soon, they were making out as Nabi granted Changbin access. Their tongues finding each other. Eventually they pulled away from their kiss, catching back their breath.

"Fuck... I'm so sorry, I don't know what happened. It's just... I always had feelings for you. From the moment Chan introduced us. But I was a coward back then and before I knew it, I met Jae."

Nabi was confused, so confused. Changbin had been dating Jae for two years. No wonder Jae wanted Nabi to stay away. Changbin was in a relationship with someone while having feelings for someone else.

Changbin was about to move away, to give Nabi back her space, when she surprised him and pulled him back in another kiss.

Maybe Valentine's day wasn't so bad after all.

Happy Valentine's day everyone!!! My 5th one with Changbin ^-^ Wow, time flies :0