《Unexpected》 Feelings change - Pt. 4

At seven months, it became more visible that Nabi was pregant. Her belly had grown quite a lot so she struggled more and more to do mundane tasks. It annoyed her quite a bit. Changbin however enjoyed seeing Nabi waddle around like a penguin. She looked cute doing so, but he never told Nabi that.

In just two months, Nabi would find herself in the hospital. Hopefully with Changbin by her side. The pregnancy was almost coming to an end, which meant a new chapter in their lives would start. Nabi was feeling worried more and more. Luckily, Changbin always knew how to calm her down.

Something Nabi also had to deal with was her hormones. It kept her wanting to do things she shouldn't be doing. So, she ended up trying to avoid Changbin so she wouldn't have to think about it.

Or at least she believed it to be the hormones.

Somehow though, she wasn't able to avoid Changbin at all. He had a feeling already that she was, because he heard her talking about the hormones to her mother. He found it cute Nabi was so worried about acting on them.

"The nursery is nearly finished! Only a few personal touches and the necessities are left to be done."

Changbin had just finished building a wardrobe that they bought at IKEA. Nabi really wanted it to be done on time. She was,worried nothing would be ready for the baby's arrival. So, Changbin made sure to reassure her.

"Baby kicked, so they must be excited about it."

Without much thinking, Changbin reached his hands out and placed them on Nabi's belly. He always was thrilled to feel the baby move around. Nabi let out a chuckle, making Changbin look up at her. He was a little confused, unsure what was funny. But she just smiled at him.

"You'll be a great father."

Nabi was arranging items inside the nursery for decoration when Changbin arrived back from meeting his sister. The latter was quite excited to be an aunt. And she always said that it would be with Nabi whom her brother would have a child with.

Changbin had to tell his sister that Nabi and him were just best friends. Several times in fact. However, she was convinced some lingering feelings for each other were hiding.

"Nabi, please be careful. You shouldn't be reaching so high."

He quickly came to her side. Nabi sighed heavily. She was careful. She was aware that she should be cautious but she didn't want to walk on eggshells the whole time.

"Stop telling me what to do! I'm getting so tired of your constant worrying over everything that I do. You can't expect me to sit still and do nothing for the last two months."

"I'm sorry. I don't want you to feel like you can't do anything. I care about you."

Nabi already felt bad for shouting at Changbin. She knew how important it was to stay safe, especially in the third trimester. Changbin smiled once her expression softened.

"I know. Sorry for yelling. I'll be more careful, I promise."

Nabi was resting her hands on her belly. Changbin noticed and smiled as he knew she did this a lot. He let his hands touch her pregnant belly as well. He wanted to feel the baby move.

As he looked up at Nabi, he couldn't help but press a kiss against her cheek. To reassure her that he knew she wasn't mad at him. Of course, this made her blush.

"You'll be a great mother."

The nursery was finally ready for the baby's arrival. They didn't know the gender of their baby, because they wanted it to be a surprise. So, they went for a colorfull, rainbow themed room.

Changbin made sure to go through the list various times as Nabi wanted everything to be perfect. Diapers, wet wipes, etc. where stocked up, too.

"I feel very lucky I have you, I wouldn't know what I would have done if you didn't want this baby."

"Truthfully, I was surprised and scared when you told me the news. But I knew I wanted to be there for you. And now, I promise to be always by your side."

Changbin gave Nabi a reassuring smile. She reacted by shuffling closer and pressing a kiss against his cheek. She was grateful for everything he had done. And very soon, they'll be great parents to their baby.

Throughout the pregnancy, their bond had become even more stronger than it was before. Sometimes, Changbin wondered if they would ever feel something more than just friendship.

But right now, seeing Nabi in front of him, he felt different. He might love her more than a friend.