《Unexpected》 Fate's plan - Pt. 1

Nabi woke up with a throbbing headache, she vividly remembered that the night before she went out clubbing with her group of friends. Once she opened her eyes and adjusted to the sunlight brightening the room, she figured out that she wasn't even home.

Fortunately, she saw a familiar figure asleep next to her. Her best friend Changbin brought Nabi to his place around midnight. It wasn't safe for her to go home alone and since his place was closer, he took her to his apartment. Obviously, they were both drunk.

Nabi was about to get out of bed to head to the bathroom when she realized her clothes were all over the room. She had nothing on at all and it seemed like the same was going on with Changbin when she saw his clothes from the night before with hers.

She quickly collected her clothes from the floor and rushed into the bathroom to get dressed. Turning on the faucet of the sink, she splashed her face with water to wake up. Nabi needed to remember what happened the night before. What if they had sex? What would happen to their friendship?

Eventually, she knew she would have to face Changbin. So, Nabi left the room where he was sitting on his bed, already dressed. He seemed terrified but calmed down when he saw his best friend.

"I'm a little relieved that I didn't bring a stranger to my place. But..."

Changbin didn't really know how to react. There was a small chance that nothing even happened. They might have gotten naked because their clothes made them uncomfortable. Although, they both had this feeling that wasn't true. They slept together.

Hopefully this wouldn't strain their relationship.

A few weeks later, Nabi only talked to Changbin when she didn't have a choice. Their friends weren't even aware the two had sex. Changbin didn't want them to know because it wasn't their business. Nabi didn't want to tell them because she wasn't ready for their judgement.

However, the two were determined not to let the one night stand get in between their friendship. They tried to forget that night happened. And it would have worked if Nabi didn't sense something strange was going on.

It was hard to explain, but she felt dizzy and lightheaded. She wasn't feeling well at all. First, she blamed it on being ill. But there was a lot happening to her, so it didn't make any sense. She felt bloated and just strange overall.

Then, her period didn't come when it was supposed. Sure, her cycle was quite irregular. Though, it already had been over a week since her last cycle ended. So, with a heavy heart, she bought two pregnancy test. One being a simple stick while the second one was more advanced.

When it was time for her to look at the results, Nabi was scared. If all were negative, this meant she wasn't pregnant and was just very late because her body wasn't used to her having intercourse with someone.

Fate had other plans. Two lines were visible on the first one. Of course, the test could've been faulty. But the test that was supposed to be the most accurate showed the same result. Positive.

The only way for Nabi to make sure that this was actually happening, was going to the doctor's who would give her the actual truth. Only, the doctor couldn't give Nabi the answer she was hoping for.

Changbin had to know.

Taking a deep breath, Nabi stood in front of Changbin's front door. She already rang the video doorbell to let him know she arrived. He had no idea yet why Nabi wanted to talk to him.

Once she knocked on the door, Changbin opened it and let Nabi inside. In just a few moments, his life would be turned upside down. She wasn't sure if he was ready for this, she didn't even feel ready herself.

"Is everything alright? You sounded very serious on the phone last."

Changbin was totally clueless because he had already suppressed the memory of their one night stand. And now, Nabi would have to bring it out again.

"There's no easy way for me to say this. But I have to tell you."

"Whatever it is, I'm here for you. You're my best friend, you can tell me anything."

Nabi would love to believe him. But she read quite a few stories about guys leaving the girl they got pregnant alone to go through the pregnancy and birth.

"I'm pregnant."

Of course, she didn't expect him to say anything. Just like her, Changbin would need to let it all sink in. This was a very big deal. He wasn't supposed to get his best friend pregnant.

"I don't know what to say. Nabi, are you sure?"

"I took two tests at home and I even went to see my doctor. I'm 100% sure I'm pregnant with your baby. But I understand you would rather want me to leave and never return. Even then..."

"Nabi, calm down. I don't want to end our friendship. I want to do what's right. And that's being there for my best friend."

Right then and there, Nabi could feel herself calm down. Although all of this was a very big deal to the both of them, she felt grateful Changbin would be by her side.

I really wanted to write a pregnancy related story. So, I decided to go with best friends ending up expecting a baby together.

Let me know what you think by voting as usual!!