My comfort ~ Fake friendship

Nabi got invited to a sleepover by her best friend. When she got there, she expected it to be only her and Jinha. However, she quickly noticed many more girls were there to stay the night as well. Nabi wasn't a social butterfly compared to Jinha. The latter knew that, but it didn't keep her from inviting her other friends over.

Awkwardly, Nabi took a seat on the ground with the others. She listened in to the conversation about boys, but she didn't say anything at all. She wasn't interested in dating at the moment, so she didn't even care. But then Jinha brought up their mutual guy friends. Although those boys would never want to date their friends, Jinha still thirsted over them.

"I still can't believe you're able to be friends with them. Surely one day one of them will snap and realize you'd be an amazing girlfriend, Jin."

Nabi rolled her eyes, catching the attention of everyone. They had been ignoring her this whole time. But because she got annoyed by something they said, they immediately noticed.

"Pfft, Jin. I think you need a new best friend."

Jinha looked between the group of girls ganging up on Nabi and her best friend. Nabi knew she would have to choose a side, thinking she would be reasonable and defend the one who was supposed to be her best friend. But she was wrong.

"I know. She thinks she has more chance with the guys than I do."

Nabi quickly got up and ran away from everyone, into the bathroom where she could catch a break from the mean comments. As she looked into the mirror, it was clearly she was crying. The girls probably noticed and were laughing about her right now, Jinha included.

After composing herself, she decided to head back towards the living room. She hoped things had calmed down and no one would notice she got back. But before she even entered the room, they were gossiping about her. Jinha told them a secret no one was supposed to know.

"Maybe you should call him and tell him Nabi has feelings for him. Surely, Changbin would reject her and stop the friendship out of disgust."

When Nabi told Jinha how she felt about one of their friends, her best friend promised not to tell anyone. Especially keep it a secret from Changbin, because Nabi was afraid she would lose her friendship with him. And so, the friendship between the rest of the guys.

"You're right!"

With that, Jinha took her phone and started calling Changbin. The girls all got closer to the phone that was put on speaker. Nabi wanted to leave at that moment, but she decided to stay. Although she was afraid to get hurt, her heart broken, she wanted to know what Changbin would say.

"Hi! It's me!"

"Jinha, I can see your ID when you call. Why are you calling me right now? I thought you were having a sleepover with Nabi."

The eight guy friends already knew Jinha invited Nabi over for a sleepover. But even they didn't know that she invited other girls over as well. So, Nabi could hear the surprise in his voice when he heard giggling from voices he didn't even recognize.

"She left all of a sudden. I'll message her later tonight to see if she got home alright."

If only Nabi actually left. She didn't want to hear Jinha talk shit behind her back. Something a best friend would never do. However, it was obvious Jinha wasn't a good best friend to begin with.

"Seriously? You should have messaged her already. What if something happened to her?"

That's when Nabi figured out Changbin wasn't alone, he was with their friends. Because when she looked down at her phone lighting up, she had a message from Chan asking her if she was alright. She quickly texted him back to let him know she was, not mentioning that she actually was still at Jinha's place.