《Tattoo》Engrave my heart - Pt. 6

This was the first time Nabi stepped foot inside a tattoo parlor. But a class had been cancelled so she wanted to visit Changbin. Another guy came up to her and introduced himself as Hyunjin.

"You don't look like someone who would want a tattoo. I'm not judging, I promise."

Nabi shook her head. The guy had no idea who she was, but she remembered hearing his name from Changbin.

While Hyunjin kept her busy, someone walked out of a room. The guy seemed very pleased as he kept glancing towards his wrist where a tattoo was covered with plastic wrap protection. Soon after, Changbin left the same room, unaware his girlfriend was listening to whatever his friend  was telling her.

"I wouldn't stare at him like that. He's very cautious around those who are attracted to him. He has a girlfriend you see."

Hyunjin seemingly noticed Nabi was glancing towards Changbin once in a while. She was aware many others would flirt with her boyfriend. It calmed her down knowing he would be cautious around those.

But Nabi wasn't the jealòus type. She wasn't insecure in her relationship with Changbin. He would never dare to hurt her.

"But he can still help you with the tattoo. Just don't seduce him or you'll walk out with an unfinished tattoo."

And with that Hyunjin left to tell Changbin there was a new customer who needed to be consulted. That's when the artist noticed his girlfriend. As if they read each other's minds, they decided to play a trick on Hyunjin.

By pretending they didn't know each other.

"Hi! I'll be your tattoo artist for today. Let's discuss the design first."

Nabi kept her laughter contained  But it was hard because Changbin wasn't the greatest at acting to be strangers. Fortunately, Hyunjin wasn't aware that it was all an act.

"I was thinking something simple. It will be my first tattoo, so I'm a little nervous."

"That's more than fine. Many choose a floral design as their first ones. A quote would also be a possibility."

Not once did Nabi think she would be at a tattoo shop, talking about what to get for a first tattoo. Although, she wasn't actually going to get one.

"Let me draw a quick sketch?"

Nabi nodded, biting her bottom lip. She truly hoped Changbin would realize that she wasn't ready at all for a tattoo. But she wanted to see what he would draw for her.

As Changbin started to sketch the design, Nabi would shift a little closer to have a better look. With Hyunjin keeping an eye on them, she let her hand slowly rest on her boyfriend's leg.

Eventually, Changbin finished the sketch design and looked at Nabi. He hoped she liked the drawing as he wanted her to keep it.

"That's beautiful! I love it. I'm glad I came here."

Nabi had so many other thoughts about the sketch, but she couldn't put them into words. The drawing was beautiful and had everything she could ever wanted. Changbin drew some lavenders, one of her favorite flowers, on top of it, a butterfly was resting.

"Let's go to the other room so we can start."

Nabi got up from her seat, following Changbin to the room where he had all of his equipment. She pretended to trip, so Changbin kept her from falling. She made sure to flirt with him as she grabbed his arm.

Once they were away from Hyunjin, Changbin kissed his girlfriend. He finally could. He was quite surprised to see her since he thought Nabi was following a class.

"My class was cancelled and I didn't want to spend my afternoon alone at my apartment."

Nabi watched as Changbin cleaned up the room and rearranged things around. He had to disinfect the used tattoo needle as well as the seat. Once in a while inspection would come visit, so he had to make sure everything was according to protocol. Nabi saw her boyfriend take out something from a drawer. She was confused what it was.

"Wanna try? I've used these things to practice on a lot in the past."

"I'm not sure if it'd be something I would be good at. I'm better with numbers."

Changbin just shook his head. All of his friends always thought he would find someone who shared the same love for tattoos. But he wasn't interested in those kind of girls. Meeting Nabi was the best thing that happened to him.

He put the practice skins away again, while Nabi sat down on the chair where the clients would take a seat on when getting their tattoo. She looked around the room, noticing the different art pieces around. She recognized some of them as Nabi saw Changbin working on them before.

"I've been thinking of getting a tattoo placed by a friend soon. The same guy who got me the crow and magpie tattoo. I was thinking of adding a night sky to them."

"As long as you promise I'll be the first one to see the end result."

Just like Hyunjin did when Nabi walked into the tattoo parlor, people would believe she wasn't someone who was interested in tattoos. The first time she told her friends that she was dating a tattoo artist, they didn't want to believe her. They thought she was trying to be edgy and fit in.

But she always loved tattoos. To her, it was art. And although Nabi most likely wouldn't get one herself, she admired them on Changbin the most.

"Maybe you could come along?"

Nabi let out a giggle, liking the thought of being there. She could admire her boyfriend and see the process of the tattoo being inked on his skin. Perhaps she would consider skipping a class if his appointment would happen during one.

Changbin stood in front of her, placing his hands on either side of Nabi on the seat. Leaning in closer, she pressed their lips together. As he deepened the kiss, the door to the room opened and something fell on the ground.

When Nabi pulled away from her boyfriend and looked behind him, she saw Hyunjin standing there in shock. The book he was holding in his hands was on the ground. After telling Nabi that Changbin was always cautious around those who were flirting with him, Hyunjin never thought he'd see what he saw.

"So, I'm guessing you're Nabi, then."

"That's me!"

Hyunjin didn't say anything else and just nodded, leaving the room. He just walked in on Changbin having an intimate moment with his girlfriend.

"Where were you?"

As if they didn't get interrupted, Changbin brought Nabi back into a kiss. She grabbed onto his shirt, to make sure he would stay close. As long as no new client walked inside the parlor, they wouldn't dare to stop their make-out session.