《Mango Tea》Always by your side - Pt. 2

Dating an idol who was adored by many had its difficulties. But Changbin made sure Nabi wouldn't have to deal with the fans. No one would hurt her. It was his promise to her when he officially asked her to be his girlfriend.

Months had gone by without troubles. Nabi met the other Stray Kids members and they were very fond of her. They noticed how much happier Changbin had gotten when he met her.

However, things went downhill when the fans turned into detectives. Changbin accidentally showed a picture of Nabi when he wanted to show pictures of his food during a livestream. They had to end it immediately, but the damage was done.

Nabi had been bombarded by Stays, harrassing her at the coffee shop. This resulted into her closing the shop, because the fans were scaring the regulars. Of course, Changbin tried to reason with them. But it was all in vain, they didn't want to listen.

Nabi just wanted peace and quiet. But, she wanted Changbin in her life too. He cared about her more than anyone else in the world. She didn't want to lose that because of stalkers.

Everything was getting better since she stayed home, until people found her private phone number. Now, they were harassing Nabi even more with their constant text messaging and calls.

As she broke down in tears, she was still able to diall a number.

"Babe! I'm in the studio right now. Can I call you back?"

"I-I'm s-sor-... I'm sorry, I-I didn't know."

Nabi didn't want to disturb Changbin at all. He was busy, he wouldn't have time to be dealing with his girlfriend crying into the phone. All while she was struggling to breathe.

In the studio, without a word, Changbin grabbed all of his stuff, confusing Chan. It all happened so fast, he wasn't able to ask his friend if everything was alright. Changbin was already out the door.

Nabi curled up in a ball, letting her tears flow out. Struggling to breath, she tried calming down. But the hate and threats lingered on in her mind.

She never noticed someone opened the door to her apartment. Only until the person picked her up, she was aware someone was there. Opening her eyes and wiping the tears away, Nabi looked at Changbin.

Even though he was at work, busy in the recording studio, Changbin immediately came over. He easily recognized something was wrong when he heard Nabi cry over the phone.

"I'm here, Nabi. I'm not leaving your side from now on."

Nabi was still too upset to tell Changbin what had heen happening. Instead, she let him look through her phone where be saw the many threats people were sending her. They warned her to stay away from him. Some were hoping she would unalive herself. Those were the worst ones.

After a while, Nabi had fallen asleep from the heavy emotions inside Changbin's arms. As promised, he didn't leave her side and fell asleep as well.

However, he woke up from his phone ringing. He sighed, carefully moving his body to grab his phone without waking Nabi up. It was Chan.

"Are you gonna tell me why you left so suddenly? It's not like you."

"It's Nabi. She needs me right now, hyung. Our so called fans have found her phone number and they won't stop harassing her. I know she had been struggling a lot with the hate she received from them when they found the coffee shop, but it's so much worse now."

At this point, Changbin didn't know what to do anymore. He promised to protect her, but he was clearly failing. The so called fans were taking things too far and he didn't know how to fix it. Sometimes, he wondered if they should break up. It could stop them from attacking Nabi, but it would hurt the both of them.

"I'll ask our manager to get her a new phone and number. Maybe they won't figure out she has a second and we can lock her old phone away."

"Thank you, hyung. I'm just going to stay with Nabi tonight. I really don't want to leave her alone now."

Changbin then ended the phone call. Right on time as Nabi eventually woke up from her little nap. Her eyes were still red from all the crying, but she seemed more calm now. He brought her closer to him in an embrace, rubbing soothing circles on her back. Nabi snuggled closer, feeling safe with Changbin around.

"Do you have to go back?"

Nabi didn't want to be alone through the night. She was afraid people found out where she lived, the same way her phone number was found. She needed someone with her, she needed Changbin.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'll be right here with you, I wouldn't want to leave you alone."

Just as promised, Changbin stayed with Nabi throughout the night. When she woke up from finally having some rests after all the restless nights, his arms were wrapped around her. He had never stayed the night before, so the feeling of waking up next to him was a little strange. But she loved it.

Nabi snuggled closer, loving the scent he always seemed to radiate. It was addiciting. And Changbin knew that because he left his hoodies at Nabi's apartment. He knew that she wore them whenever she wanted comfort or missed him. He thought it was cute and loved seeing his girlfriend in them.

"Good morning."

Nabi's heart skipped a beat when she heard Changbin's morning voice. It weakened her. She could get used to moments like this.

"Remember when you called me one morning because of this dream you had?"

"Yes, I had a dream we woke up like this. And it made me sad when I actually woke up without you here with me. Why are you bringing this up?"

To be able to look at Changbin, Nabi pushed herself back. When their eyes met, he didn't say a word as he captured their lips together in a kiss. Nabi felt flustered and whined about her morning breath. Changbin didn't care.

"You're beautiful."

Nabi blushed a deep red as Changbin kissed her once more. She smiled against his lips and let it happen. Soon, he was hovering over her and kissing her neck. Before Changbin could do anything else, his phone rang.

He got up and picked up the call. Nabi was flustered because of the moment they shared. More would have happened if it wasn't for the phone. And although she was disappointed, Nabi was relieved as she wasn't ready yet.

All that mattered was that Changbin is always going to be there for her. She wouldn't have to deal with the hate and harassment alone.