chapter fourteen

@jamieflatters new interview with the siblings

@jamieflatters new interview with the siblings. Watch Avatar now in theaters!
@jackchampion
@baileybass
@misstrinitybliss

DAY 35
I liked Jamie's newest post and thought I should probably soon go to the cinema. Now that I was working in the industry, it was even more important to watch the movies we were making. Encouraging our fellow coworkers. I heard that Aude and Harry—the sound tech—had worked on the second Avatar which was probably the biggest movie expected of all time. It fascinated me how the young cast—Jamie—had grew up on a movie set. I wondered if the pressure impacted him as much as he said it did.

"We need to buy the food for the date scene." Julia stated as she entered the restrooms. I immediately closed my phone and put my mind to work. The date scene was in the middle of the aquarium. Jamie's character organized a picnic date for Sofia's character which when would be their first kiss. "Take my credit card and the van and here's the list. Keep the receipt." She ordered handing me things she had just named.

"I'll be as fast as I can." I put my bag over my head and walked out of the room.

"You have 2 hours before lunch." She faintly shouted as I made my way towards the exit and into the van.

I put the keys into the ignition and opened the map application to find the closest grocery store. I horizontally red the list, finding that I had to bought approximately over ten items. I wished for not being stuck in traffic, I didn't want to be late. Mostly, I didn't want to disappoint Julia by being late. After a few minutes, I shivered and realized how colder it was in Canada. A Canadian mid-September felt like an American mid-January. At a red light, I hardly wiggled my body in between my seatbelt to put my jacket on. Thirty minutes later, I arrived at a grocery store. I still had an hour and half to shop and return to the aquarium. I took a cart out and entered in the different aisles, looking for the items.

I crossed another item off the list before continuing my shopping

I crossed another item off the list before continuing my shopping. I was a bit lost and it took me longer than I would have liked, but I blamed it on the fact that I had never been to a Canadian grocery store before. An hour later, I made it back to the aquarium's parking lot, just in time for lunch. A bag in each arm, I locked the car's doors. I frowned as I saw the ambulance parked in front of the entrance. I fastened my pace and entered the building. I jogged to the restroom to quickly put the bags down. A sense of panic overtaking my body. Distant voices and shouts bounced on the Aquarium's walls. Since our crew were the only ones in the building, it meant one of us had been injured. I rushed to the set. The disturbed voices getting louder as I approached. When I arrived, the crew were circled around the injured. I couldn't see who it was. I stopped, shocked of seeing dots of blood had stained the floor. My heart pumped fast, I thought of only one person and I had to make sure he was safe. I followed the trail of blood, getting closer to the crowd until strong hands grabbed me by the shoulders. I slowly lifted my head towards them. Still petrified.

"Charlotte." Jamie started, his voice quiet like he didn't want to startle me. "It's Julia."

I opened my mouth like I was about to say something, but nothing came out. I took a deep breath, gathering all of my courage and put my hands on his to slowly drop them to his sides as I walked through the crowd. Julia with two paramedics in the center of it. At first, she looked fine. She kept swearing like the southern woman she was. The paramedic were working on her ankle which had been crushed by one of the heavy spotlight, burned the front of her foot and had a few fresh cuts from the metallic stand.

"Fuck me. You hurtin' ma' foot you skank." Julia shouted as the paramedic picked the metal out of her foot. "I'm sorry, darlin'. I'm a bit on edge." She retorted.

I kneeled close to where Julia laid. She sensed the fear in my eyes and answered it with a comforting smile. But I was the one who should be comforting her. She hissed and gave a dirty glance to the paramedic before looking back at me.

"You got everything on the list?" She asked, making me frown. But she insisted on having an answer from me. "Do you?"

"Yes, I got everything." I reassured her.

One of the paramedic rolled their stretcher closer while the other put Julia's arm around their neck and lifted her to lay on it. I watched them, feeling powerless. Because I was powerless. I couldn't do anything but watch them rolled my boss in the ambulance. Not only my boss, my friend.

"Can I come with?" I asked the paramedic, halfway in the ambulance.

"You have to stay. Finish the scene." Julia quickly replied as I stepped down, confused. "You're the boss now. You got it, kid."

I looked around to see the crowd had moved with us in the parking lot. Everything was on hold. Before I could protest, the doors slammed closed and the ambulance drove off. The crowd soon dispersed and people went back inside. Jason—the first assistant director—stepped closer to me. I could sensed his worried look on me. Probably wondering if a 21 years old could handle the pressure of the job now that everything had fell onto her shoulders. I felt it too, they became heavier the second I saw Julia on the floor. Like deep down, I knew what was going to happen.

"You okay to finish the day?" Jason gently asked.

I took a deep breath in and nodded. He let me passed by him and we both returned inside the aquarium. I went into the restrooms and grabbed the two brown bags and the blanket for the scene. When I arrived on set, some production assistants were finishing cleaning up the blood on the floor. The lightning director was replacing his broken spotlight with another one, swearing out loud his frustration. He had a broken light, Julia had a broken leg. I laid the blanket on the floor and started carefully placing the different foods on it. I rearranged a few times the props in doubts of my original work. Before we started filming, Jason said a few encouraging words to bring back the spirit on set. Greta too. After the first action was called out, I stepped behind the monitor and impatiently waited for the day to end.