Chapter 23: We Have to Talk

Chapter 23:

Aaliyah P.O.V:

         I have been lying in bed all day today.  The pain in my stomach just wouldn't go away.  I called my mom earlier, and she told me she would fly to Maryland and get to me as fast as she could.  I closed my eyes, trying to go back to sleep, then my doorbell started going off.

         "Fuck," I yelled, getting out of bed to go answer the door.

When I opened the door, I came face to face with Ethan.

         "What do you want Ethan?" I asked miffed. 

         "Can we talk inside?" Ethan begged.

         "No," I said rudely.

         "Please Aaliyah. I just want to talk about everything that's going on." Ethan said, referring to my pregnancy.

         I stared at Ethan for about five minutes before I actually bulged and let him in.

"Fine Ethan, come in, "I said, moving out the doorway to let him enter.

         "Thank you," Ethan said, stepping into my house. 

         "Let's sit in the living room," I said, motioning him to move into the living room.

"Okay," Ethan said, walking into the living room, and sitting on my beige couch. 

Ethan's P.O.V:

         God, Aaliyah looked so gorgeous sitting right in front of me right now. She was really showing now, and her skin was glowing. 

         "So, what do you want Ethan, why did you come over?" Aaliyah questioned.

         "Your living room is very nice," I said, trying to make small talk.  I mean it was very nice though, she had a beige couch, love seat, and chair. She also had a simple beige ottoman.   The pillows on the couch were purple and gray, the wall was painted a light taupe color, and in the corner sat a Chinese evergreen plant.

         "Ethan, just get to the reason why you came, and thank" Aaliyah said, with a little smile.

         "Aaliyah, I came to talk about our child." I said.

         "Okay, what do you want to know about them?" Aaliyah questioned.

         "Aaliyah, I want to be in their life, I want to be a family." I said being completely honest.

         "What happened to the girl that was at your office the day I told you," Aaliyah questioned.

"Nothing, she's just an old friend who won't take a 'no' from me" I said.

"Oh," Aaliyah said.

"So can I be in our child's life and in yours?" I questioned.

"Ethan, you can be in our children's life, but you and I will never be in a relationship. " Aaliyah said flatly.

"Did you say Children?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I'm having twins," Aaliyah said, getting off the couch and going into another room. 

I can't believe I'm having two kids running around. A smile crept on my face, as I started thinking about the kids, I'm having with Aaliyah. Two sons wouldn't be bad. They could both run my company. I don't know what I would do if I had two daughters. If they looked like Aaliyah, I would really have to invest in a gun collection.  

         Two minutes later, Aaliyah came back with an ultrasound picture.  

"Aaliyah, how far along are you?" I asked.

"I'm five months." She said, with a smile on her face.

"I want to come to every doctor's appointment from now on," I said, and she just nodded.  I wanted to kiss her so bad right now, but I resided to just hugging her.

"Thank you so much Aaliyah, you've made me the happiest man alive right now," I said, still hugging her and looking at the picture.

" Um," She said, which made me stop hugging her. 

"Sorry about that, I'm just really happy. And did you say we were never getting together?" I questioned.

"Yup" Aaliyah said, popping the P.

"Why not?" I questioned disappointedly.

*Ding Dong* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you guys think she has a valid reason for not wanting to be with Ethan? Should they be together? And he seems pretty excited about the twins, I bet a huge weight has been lifted off of Aaliyah's Shoulders. I hope everything stays the way it is. Picture of her living room on side.