Chapter 6: Meeting

Chapter 6: Two Weeks Later, Monday, Aaliyah P.O.V

I woke up to a text message from Alfie.

 Alfie: Boss coming 2 day. Wear something classy yet sexy boo.

Me: Seriously?

Alfie: I don’t know for sure but dress classy anyways.

Me: Okay ttyl

Alfie: Ttyl.

I got out of bed, and jumped in the shower.  After my shower, I went to my closet.  I picked out a beige skirt, a brown belt, brown necklace, my favorite brown bag; brown opened- toe shoes, and brown earrings.  I curled my hair, and left it at that. For make- up, I did a smoky eye, put mascara on, and a little blush.   

To be honest, I just learned how to put on make-up.  I kind of still don’t know how, but hey,  I’ve gotten a lot of complements so I guess I’m doing something right.  I have the same complexion as Gabrielle Union, and I have naturally good skin. So, I really don’t see a reason to cake make up on my face.  

I looked at myself one more time in the mirror, and I looked good.  Like foreal, foreal. 

Chapter 6: 7:45 A.M. Parking lot.

I was finally pulling up to C&C Corporations. I only had five minutes left, to make it on time.     

I parked my car in my parking lot, right next to Alfie’s white BMW.  Then I started towards the office’s front doors.

“Hello Miss.” Rodger said. Rodger was the door and elevator person.

“Hey Rodger, did you hear the boss was coming today?” I replied walking into the elevator.

 “Yes, miss, yes I did. Have a good day now,” Rodger said.

 “Same to you, bye Rodger. See you later.” I said, waving, and pressing the elevator button.

5 minutes later:

When I made it to my desk, there was a yellow Post-it note, it read: Boss coming at 12 be ready to present yourself. –S.  

Alfie came in quickly after me.   “You still never told me where you were on Sunday.” He said sitting in one of the chairs in front of my desk.  My office,

“Well Alfie, do you really need to know?” I asked looking at.

 “Yes, I’m your best friend.” Alfie said.

 “How do you know you’re my best friend?” I asked.

 “If I wasn’t your best friend you would still be mad at me for leaving you at the club.” Alfie said with a smirk.

“Actually Alfie, I still am mad at you.” I said, putting my elbows on my desk, and putting my chin on them.

“I’ll make it up to you, if you tell me.” Alfie said with a pleading look.

 “If I tell you, will you leave me alone?” I asked.

He nodded, and I sighed. “Fine, I was with the guy. I met him on the dance floor, and one thing led to another. And next thing I know I woke up in his bed.” I said letting it all out.

“You little skank, you’re such a slut. What’s his name?” Alfie asked, wanting to know more.

“Sorry Alfie, that’s top secret.” I said, looking at my computer.