Chapter 25: Dinner

Chapter 25

Ethan's P.O.V

I was fixing my hair when I heard the doorbell ring. I thought Abby or my mom would grab it but after four rings I figured they weren't, so I went down to grab it myself.

"Who is it?" I shouted. I looked through the glass and seen Cece. 'What is she doing here' I asked myself.

"Why are you here?" I asked immediately after opening the door.

"I came to hang out with you guys. Your mom said I could come." She said smiling.

I was puzzled. First off, she wasn't even invited so what gave her the right to invite someone else.

"Mom!!!! Mom!!" I yelled out loudly.

"What do you want Ethan?" She said coming down the stairs

"What in your right mind possessed you to Invite her?" I asked pointing to Cece

"She asked Ethan and I didn't think you would have a problem," She said innocently.

"You forced yourself into this equation so why the fuck would you invite her? You already know I didn't want her to come. I barely wanted you to come." I said aggressively. I know it was a little harsh, but she's always going over the edge. She should ask me before she does shit.

"Why is there so much yelling?" Abby asked, coming down the stairs confused.

"Are you ready to go?" Was all I asked her before walking out the door.

She looked between my mother and Cece then followed behind me. That woman stresses me out so much. She just does the most. Why is she even trying to be a mother now? When we were younger all she did was go out to charities and parties at our country club. She's the cause of her problems and the cause of her divorce. Now I understand why dad never wanted to bring her around his family. She's what they call 'new money' Before my dad married her, she was broke and a struggling waitress. He should've left her there. If it wasn't for my daily checks for her. She'd be broke again

"What's going on?" Abby asked me getting in on the passenger side of the all black Altima 2016.

"Your mother invited Cece to where we're going." I said angrily.

"Why would she do that !?!?!" Abby questioned puzzled. I just shrugged my shoulders and continued driving.

"Gosh, I keep warning her about that bitch, but she doesn't listen. Cece isn't any good and is bad news. If you get involved with her or her family your bound to lose everything." Abby said. I was a little confused. I knew she didn't like Cece. But I thought they were friends back in the day.

"Wait, Abby what happened to y'all? Why did y'all stop being friends?" I questioned, while stopping the car at a red light.

"Because she's a jealous deceitful bitch. I swear I could fucking kill her for what she did." Abby said looking pissed off.

"What did she do Abby?" I questioned as we pulled up to Aaliyah's mom's house. She ignored the question. I parked the car in the driveway.

"This house is absolutely gorgeous. But it's so tiny" Abby said in awe of the house. The house had asphalt coming up the drive, concrete leaving the garage, and stamped concrete for the sidewalk. The front of the house had seven windows and was built around stone. It looked like a French inspired home, but I could be wrong. I'd have to agree. This house was gorgeous.

"Yeah, it is nice. You ready?" I questioned.

"Yeah, are you ready?" She asked smiling. I just laughed.