Chapter 24 part 2: Preparations

Chapter 24 Part 2:

Ethan's P.O.V:

That kiss keeps running through my mind. No girl has ever had that effect on me. Whenever I kiss Aaliyah, it was always magical. It always left me to wanting more. I closed my eyes imaging Aaliyah's lips still molded on mines. Damn, this girl is messing my mind up.

*Honk Honk* The honking of the cars behind me brought me out of my trance. I continued on my way home.

20 Minuets later

"How is she?" My sister asked me while I was walking in the door.

"She's great," I said, smiling like a cashmere cat.

"When can I meet her?" Abby questioned.

"Um.. I don't know," I said truthfully.

"C'mon, foreal? Didn't you set up something like I told you?" Abby asked. Just as she said that, I received a text from Aaliyah.

Aaliyah: Will you be willing to come to dinner tomorrow night?

Me: Um... Sure, can I bring my sister? She really wants to meet you.

Aaliyah: Um, sure, and why?

"Who are you texting that has you smiling from ear to ear young man?" A sardonic voice questioned.

"No one mother," I averred annoyed.

"Why do I get the feeling I'm annoying you son?" My mom catechized me. All I did was chuckle.

"I'm going to act like I didn't hear that. What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Abby and I are meeting up with someone to have dinner." I said.

"Oh, okay, so what time should I be ready?" She questioned.

"Mom, I love you to death, but I don't think you can come." I said truthfully.

"Ethan!! What do you expect me to do while you guys are gone? I was in labor with you for almost a whole freaking day Ethan, the least you could do is invite me to have dinner with you and Abby. I barely get to see you, because you decided to move here." She said on the verge if tears. She always does this when she doesn't get her way.

"Mom, you always do this when you don't get your way." I said, squeezing the bridge of my nose.

"How dare you talk to me like that, I know I raised you better than that Ethan." She said.

"Fine mom, you can come." I said, annoyed and wanting to get away from her.