Chapter 10: Will they ever become lovers again?

Chapter ten: Wednesday, Aaliyah’s P.O.V

     I couldn’t wait till Friday; I can’t wait to see Trevor’s face.   I met Trevor when I first started working here.  He came in looking for Ethan, but he wasn’t here, and seeing as I’m his assistant I had to talk to Trevor. He actually a nice person. He’s really sexy too. He’s sexier than Tatum Channing.

          He’s built, has gray eyes, a little bit of a goatee. Real thick eyebrows and he’s mixed with Puerto Rican and black.   We do a lot of talking. He’s my back up plan, when Alfie is acting mean, or is ignoring me.

          Gosh, sometimes Alfie can be really effeminate. I think he knows something's going on between Ethan and I. That's probably why he’s ignoring me right now.

         It was now 4:30, and I was packing up, about to leave when, I heard my name being called. I looked up, and saw it was Ethan.

         “Aaliyah, hey Aaliyah, wait up. Can I talk to you for a moment in my office?” Ethan asked.

          “Honestly Ethan, I don’t want to talk to and I have a bus to catch thanks to my boss” I said, about to leave my office.

Ethan grabbed my arm, “Please Aaliyah can you just come in my office and talk to me. Just five minutes.” Ethan said, holding up five fingers, and showing his white teeth.     

         “Five, but just five minutes, okay.” I said. We started walking to Ethan’s office.

         He opened the door, and led me inside. I sat in one of the seats in front of his office.  Ethan walked around his office, and sat behind his desk.

         “So why did you bring me in here?” I asked, trying to get to the point.

          “Aaliyah I brought you in here because, I needed to see you. I miss you, I can’t get you out of my head. I know I might sound crazy as hell, but we have something. I can feel it.”

         “Uh Ethan are you on drugs? You don’t miss me. You can’t have feelings for someone after a one night stand.” I said.

         “But the thing is I do. I don’t know how either, but I really like you.” Ethan said looking me in the eyes.

          “Ethan you don’t want me. You screwed Miss. Grossman in your fucking office. “I said. “But I was thinking about you Aaliyah, I needed something to help, and she was an easy go.” Ethan said.       

         “Ethan you don’t like me, we are business partners who accidently had sex. Okay, now that it’s in the past, you can move on with the other girl who came in your office.” I said getting up.

          “Aaliyah, can I take you home? It’s was my fault your car was towed.” Ethan asked.

         “I would most defiantly take you up on your offer, but don’t think I’m not mad at you anymore. I’m still mad at you.” I said pointing my finger at him.

  “Okay A, let me grab my coat.” Ethan said.

 “Alright, I’ll be downstairs by the parking garage.” I said.

 “Okay” Ethan said.

Ethan’s P.O.V

         I was happy Aaliyah and I were on speaking terms.  I grabbed my coat, and was headed for my office door. I took my phone out of my pocket, and looked at my messages. I had 12 miss calls from Cece. And 24 text messages, one of them was from my friend Paul. I met him my freshmen year of college. The rest were from Cece. Now I know why she was single. Bitch crazy. I shook my head, and shoved my phone back in my coat pocket, and went to the elevator.

         I pressed the button and five minutes later the elevator came up, I got in, and pressed G. “Hold the elevator!!” someone yelled. I put my hand between the elevator doors, and held it opened for the lady.

         “What floor Stacy?” I asked irritated.

         “Um..G please.” Stacy said.

         Stacy turned to look at me “Sir, do you need any assistance tonight? “Stacy said seductively.

           “Um Stacy, I already told you in my office, that this won’t be tolerated in my workplace. Please stop. “I said turning to look at Stacy.

         “Ethan, I honestly don’t get you. You have me right in front of you and you just won’t accept it.” Stacy said. 

         Why does all the girls I don’t want, want me? And the only girl I truly want, doesn’t want me why is that?

         “Stacy to be honest, I don’t want you. I already have a girlfriend.” I said, I swear this was the longest elevator ride ever. 

         “I’m fine with being a side-chick” Stacy said.

         “So you would rather be a side piece, rather than a main piece?” I asked not understanding correctly.

“Yup, here’s my number again.” Stacy said. The elevator bell finally dinged. Thank god. “Call me” Stacy said carrying a medium size box.